The Christmas Bloopers have begun

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
My first batch of Christmas bloopers have begun.

I know it won't be the last.

I have barely just started my Christmas stuff and already I seem to have gotten myself in trouble.

I really have to get with the program.

1. Last week I was complaining that I had no energy, but by that night, I was full blown sick as a dog.

:smileypuke: :smileypuke: :smileypuke:

and then it got even worse......won't go into the gruesome details but use your imagination.

And then double it.

:xkngt: :xkngt: :xkngt: :xkngt: :xkngt:

After spending the night with my pillow and blanket in the bathroom, I

figured out this wasn't just any ordinary flu bug, and thing were getting worse by the minute. A

neighbor had to drive me to the doctors on emergency. I have salmonella/food poisoning/ecol

something along those lines.......pick one.

Not over it yet but feeling better. Geesh~ Doc says it's going around all over the county.

It's actually quite gross. You can't sit down, you can't stand up, you can't lay down.....and you can't

hardly speak or you'll barf,.......you really don't know what to do with yourself. AUKKKKKKK It's disgusting.

So Jerry and Dan have been feeding the horses for me all week and Dan is actually cleaning stalls.

Dan told me that he "This is hard work mom, I can't believe you do this every day!" But I'll be a son of a gun because when I hobbled out to check on his work, he was doing a beautiful job on cleaning those stalls and got every last turd up. YAY Dan! :aktion033:

Alas, the child has got a lot of learning to do about work. Hope to be back in the barn in another

day or so.

(So if I haven't returned anyone's messages, it's because this is the first day that I can actually

sit at my desk for 5 minutes)

2. Then Dan burned the Christmas cookies. Not once, not twice, but three times. When he finally made a

batch that he didn't burn, he hid them from me.
default_eat.gif
: I Keep trying to tell him that I can't eat

cookies right now but he doesn't believe me. Grinch!

3. You know how the big major department stores always seem to wrap the most beautiful gifts?

Like a real Martha Stewart work of art? I've always envied that and thought for sure that this is

going to be the year that I make my

gifts look outstanding. Well, it's not working. My bows and wrapping job look like a preschooler

did it. Again. Especially my bows. They're dreadful. Oh well. Somethings just never change.

4. I wrapped, boxed, and shipped 2 gifts and now I can't remember if I checked to take the price

tags off or not! How embarrassing is that ???????
default_frusty.gif
:
default_frusty.gif
:
default_frusty.gif
:

5. I wrapped 6 gifts and forgot to put the gift tags on them. I have no idea who they are for. :deadhorse2:

I guess I have some unwrapping to do. Oh nuts.

OK fess up, what's your Christmas Bloopers this season so far?

:saludando: I've mislaid 2 gifts. Also I still have about 30 to wrap, need to get boxes and need to get more tags. And most of them have to e done before the 21st. Oh and need ribbon and bows too.

Oh dear Marty, I'm very sorry you've been :smileypuke: I haven't even gotten my stuff out yet, bad me.
default_wacko.png
: Keep smiling and decorating and sharing, tell Dan he's a jewel.
default_wink.png
: Ho Ho Ho

The only real blooper I have had to date, Marty, is having a kitten in the house at Christmas time. He has ripped holes in my wrapped gifts and climbed to the top of the tree. Lovely little critter, he is.

I hope you are feeling MUCH better soon, dear lady, this sickness sounds very rough!

The only real blooper I have had to date, Marty, is having a kitten in the house at Christmas time. He has ripped holes in my wrapped gifts and climbed to the top of the tree. Lovely little critter, he is.

I hope you are feeling MUCH better soon, dear lady, this sickness sounds very rough!
There has been many a Christmas in our house like that :lol: Several of our adopted cats and dogs have arrived around the holidays. This is often the view through our tree:

KittenChristmastree.jpg

Marty I am sorry you have not been feeling well, hope you are better now. The closest thing to a blooper here is getting all the boxes of decorations down out of the attic to find that we had a leak in the roof, directly over some of the boxes. Almost everything is ok, but we lost some painted salt dough ornaments that the kids had made when they were little, they were like wet bread :no:

They were precious memories to me, still have lots of other things they have made, but it still feels like a loss.

Ok, I have just begun to put up our decorations. Got the tree yesterday with plenty of time to do the whole thing up right. This is where we sit now: LOL

Our tree is in the right place, and has lights on it. No ornaments though as it got too late last night. I usually put all the lights on the tree and then my kids put the ornaments and balls on. Well, I was having a bit of pain yesterday so my oldest daughter (20 yrs) said she would like to do the lights and thought i would never let her do it. I said sure go ahead. Four hours later she had three strands of lights on our nine foot tree!!!!!! :new_shocked: Big blooper there. I took over for her after she said, Mom, do you expect me to do ALL of these myself?
default_wacko.png
: An hour later we had all twenty strands on the tree and it looks great. Ugh!

So that is number one, the other blooper so far is that for some reason we had eight strands of lights die on us this year. I usually lose a strand or maybe even two a year but EIGHT????? Oh my! So, hubby and I had to make an emergency trip to the store to get more lights. They were on sale though so I got extras. Ended up needing them because when i got home we had lost even more strands than before I had left. Not our year for lights. And we have not even started teh outside yet, YIKES!

I still have not done our cards yet either and forget starting to wrap yet, oh no way.

Oh, Marty, I hope you're feeling better soon! We've had a lot of that sort of thing lately...

Regarding gifts...as a graphic designer and total paper nut, I used to go all out on wrapping presents. In recent years, though, I have no time and no proper work table to do this, and I can't bear to spend thhe time doing a mediocre job. Therefore, I've taken to finding beautiful gift bags with lots of tissue inside -- it takes no time, doesn't require an work space, yet looks great.

My favorite Christmas blooper was several years ago, when Keith and I took the dogs up to visit my mom and sister. Carla always has a huge, exquisite tree, along wiith her antique santa collection and hand-built Christmas town (she puts everyone to shame). Shadow, our toy poodle, thought he was out in the woods and went right up to the tree and lifted his leg... fortunately, Carla loves dogs more than anything, and didn't blink an eye.

I hope you're feeling better Marty! The whole time I'm reading your post those little puking smilies kept barfing and barfing and I thought "poor Marty, been there, done that.....and don't want to do it again!". My biggest blooper has been that I haven't had time or the energy to get my Christmas decorations up. Haven't done my Christmas letter and cards yet either and usually I'm done by now. I took my mom to the Providence Festival on trees yesterday and was hoping to add some spark. Went Christmas shopping afterwards and got a few things. Mom had bought something for herself that I was to wrap and put under the tree to her from my dad sort of thing......as I was carrying stuff in of course that's the package I drop.....and it broke into a million pieces. Now I have to go get another one.....hopefully they won't run out before I have time to do so! Bah Humbug!

my biggest blooper was last year , i decided to go into town on christmas eve {never again}
default_sad.png
i got all my shopping food in, and stood outside in the freezing cold, with my daughter waiting on the bus...bad idea
default_sad.png
it took two hours, i was freezing.....so when i got home it was 4.30 all the shops close at 5.00, ...i had a cuppa tea ..defrosted... and thought to myself ahhhhhh thats it i can relax, ill go and put away the shopping only to discover i had left the christmas TURKEY :eek: at the shop.............. there was no way i was going back there :no: ill never do that again lool
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back