The best part of our cruise!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie P

Reaction score
My youngest daughter and I just returned from our Western Carribean cruise. It was absolutely delightful and the weather was just perfect every day.

One of the highlights was in Tortola when we swam with the dolphins. They are just fascinating and oh so cute. This is a memory that will forever be engrained in my heart.
default_biggrin.png
default_wub.png

ConnieandDolphin.jpg

Kaylaanddolphin1.jpg

Ohhhh..... that is one thing that is on my bucket list! Those pics are awesome and looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVE Dolphins and can't wait to be around them in Florida!
default_wub.png

We just did that on one of our Eastern Caribbean cruises on the Island of Tortola. It really was a lot of fun and I would love to do it again. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful time. Cruising is just the best thing for the heart and the soul.
default_smile.png

Carol

You will definitely love it Linda and Amen to that Carol! Best thing ever for the soul................
default_wub.png
default_smile.png

AWESOME! We are so looking forward to doing that in Cozumel this summer!!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhh my...... You lucky lucky person........

We've been on a similar cruise but swimming with dolphins wasn't offered. We swam with sting rays!

I think I would choose swimming with dolphins OVER going on another cruise, if I ever had to decide between the two.

Connie, what cruise line did you go with?

Now I"m homesick. I better not show that to Dan
default_wub.png

Oh Connie that looks like such a blast! I'd LOVE to do that! A Carribean Cruise is on my top ten things to do!!!!

Glad you all had fun!

Leya

We went with Carnival as my daughters friend dances on the ship. It was absolutely wonderful! I recommend it to anyone, but be prepared if you get motion sickness.

We visited San Juan, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and the Bahamas!
default_smile.png

Oh goody! I was hoping you had pics Connie! I would love to go on a cruise someday! I'm so happy that you got to go and have such a wonderful time with your daughter!

Swimming with dolphins is definitely on my bucket list and I, too, would choose it over another cruise.... or really just about anything!

Connie, what was the setting like? Was it one of those natural lagoon type things, or a pool, or what? How long did you get to stay in the water with them? Did the two of you have a "private audience" with the dolphins, or were there other people in with you? What do they feel like? Kind of like the old inner tubes we used to swim with?

It was a natural setting Judy - they had sections of the ocean, it was really cool. They feel like rubber and are very strong mammals. They have 82 teeth and carry their young for 12 months. Their skin rejuvenates every 2 hours so if they get an injury it heals quickly. We were in a group of 10. We spent about 1 1/2 hours in the water with the dolphins. We learned many different commands to give and we got to ride also. That was SO exciting! One by one we swam out pretty far and then the trainer gave Lilo her command to come out and pick us up - then each person gave her the command to roll and let us get on and she swam with us back to the dock. It was one of the best experiences of my entire life. Something I will never ever forget. It still makes my heart sing.

Oh goody! I was hoping you had pics Connie! I would love to go on a cruise someday! I'm so happy that you got to go and have such a wonderful time with your daughter!

Ok, maybe we should plan a mini luvers cruise! I will sign up. My husband says he is never going on one unless it is an Alaskan one.
default_wink.png

Great pictures! Mom, daughter, and dolphins all had lovely smiles!

After watching "The Cove"... I can no longer support any captured dolphin areas. Although they are certainly AMAZING creatures, and it's nice to believe that they are just from local places... it's hard to give any money to that industry.

It was hard to watch that documentary, but certainly eye-opening. I was pretty naive and used to love to go to SeaWorld and such.

I don't know, I just can't think of them as "just animals"... but then again I'm also vegetarian and don't believe in the sacrifice of many for the few.

Andrea

That sounds absolutely fantastic, Connie! When the time comes for my wish to come true, and someday it will, I'll look for a place like this on.

It was a natural setting Judy - they had sections of the ocean, it was really cool. They feel like rubber and are very strong mammals. They have 82 teeth and carry their young for 12 months. Their skin rejuvenates every 2 hours so if they get an injury it heals quickly. We were in a group of 10. We spent about 1 1/2 hours in the water with the dolphins. We learned many different commands to give and we got to ride also. That was SO exciting! One by one we swam out pretty far and then the trainer gave Lilo her command to come out and pick us up - then each person gave her the command to roll and let us get on and she swam with us back to the dock. It was one of the best experiences of my entire life. Something I will never ever forget. It still makes my heart sing.

Back