The Berry Fairy, alive and well..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperhill

Reaction score
Finally, a normal birth at a nice normal hour, (7:30 AM, the rest have been in the wee small)) with a nice normal gestation (333 days) on a day with normal weather (50 degrees)!!! It is not pouring, that was yesterday. It is not snowing 18 ", that was last weekend. It is just a plain ol' day with a little breeze and some sun! After the last three problem births, I thought my whole year was going to go bad. My red roan, Rowdy, bless her heart, decided to foal a nice red baby with what looks to be four high white socks and a monster white blaze that widens at the bottem until the whole muzzle is white. He was up and nursing in no time, and other than being very muddy because of the rainy conditions around here, he is doing just great.

He is our 5th foal this year, and 4 of them have been boys! What are the odds!?! I think the berry fairy has rented an apartment here and has decided on permanent residence at Pepperhill Farm! :lol:

Congratulations!! :aktion033: A "normal" day with a "normal" foaling is great.

And those odds-- sound like the odds I had all the time, til last year (my one and only "filly" year). Always before I would have one, maybe two if I were lucky, "token" fillies, and the rest were always colts. Year after year. Now, after my filly year, I'd be really happy to have some 50/50 years. :bgrin

Congrats again!

Congrats. Wouldn't it be nice if they all foaled in such nice conditions at such agreeable hours? I can't wait to see a picture of the new baby. We had an all colt year last year too. Good thing I love the boys.

I am glad to hear about normalcy for a change!!

Congratulations on a healthy little boy!
default_smile.png

Can't wait to see pics!!!! He sounds cute!
default_wub.png
:

Well so far we are 50/50 here 1 filly and 1 colt.................

But I am expecting 6-8 more!

SO PLEASE PLEASE KEEP THE BERRY FAIRY!LOL :lol:

Just kidding
default_wink.png
:

Congrats on the new arrival! I know what u mean about at least having a normal one for a change.

Latest posts

Back