The Area III AMHR/ASPC Directors ratification

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
Gary and I received the letter below from Missy Richardson and are copying it here with her permission. It is VERY IMPORTANT!! However, one important factor has been omitted. Zona from the AMHR office has also notified us that a ballot envelope is being mailed out to everyone in Area III. The ballot envelope was accidentally omitted from the original mailing. Do not mail in your ballot in just the return envelope. It must be placed into the ballot envelope, then the ballot envelope must be put into the return envelope. If you have already mailed in your ballot without the ballot envelope you must request a new ballot package from AMHR immediately by telephone or by emailing [email protected]. It must still be postmarked by December 1st.

November 19, 2009

Greetings Area III Members,

As an ASPC/AMHR member living in Area III, you have received a letter concerning the recent election of the Area III Director. Simply stated, the letter indicates that an insufficient number of votes were cast to officially elect an Area Director. Only 81 members voted out of 876 eligible members. The votes were tallied at the Area III meeting held in Conyers, GA, which many of you were unable to attend. Many of you have contacted me, as the Area III webmaster, to state that you felt that you did not have a voice in the election. This has changed and is the reason for this letter. As of now, every Area III member has the opportunity to Ratify or Not Ratify the vote for the Area III Director election.

Please know that this letter is NOT supporting either candidate, but is an attempt to insure that the person representing this area is elected appropriately and to give you ALL an opportunity to vote for your candidate of choice.

With that being said, let me try to better explain where Area III stands in our election of the Area III Director. If you check “The Election of Alicia Slocumb Should Be Ratified” there will be NO further election and Alicia Slocumb will be the Area III Director. If you check “The Election of Alicia Slocumb Should Not Be Ratified”, you WILL receive an opportunity to vote for the Area III Director in a New Election. If the majority rules “Should Not Be Ratified”, you will then receive information regarding a new election and have the opportunity to vote for the Area III Director. It is anticipated this election will be by Ballot sent to ALL eligible members.

The election of the Area III Director is extremely important and I am hoping that each of you in Area III will Vote NOT to ratify the election, so that you will then have a new opportunity to vote for Steve Henderson or Alicia Slocumb for our Area III Director for the next three years. With the outstanding members, clubs, and shows in Area III we are really growing strong together. We have a Voice in Area III, so lets use it. So “To Ratify or Not To Ratify”, the choice is yours. But, Please make that choice as a Member of Area III. Your ballot must be returned inside two envelopes, the Ballot must be placed inside the ballot envelope and that envelope placed in the envelope addressed to Howard & Howard, Attys and postmarked NO later than Dec 1.

This ratification information and the results, after the ballots are counted, will be posted on the Area III Website.www.shetlandminiaturearea3.com

I thank you for taking the time to read this letter. I felt the need to share this information after I heard of this situation after Convention. I look forward to seeing Area III grow stronger with more members and exhibitors. I have enjoyed working with so many of you while managing the website. And, look forward to meeting many more of you in the future. The Future looks Great for Area III and I am very excited!

Sincerely,

Missy Richardson

Concerned Area III Member

Area III Webmaster

[email protected]

What a terribly sad commentary on how lethargic the vast majority of members are about how their organization is being run, and how THEIR $$$ are being spent. Only 81 people took the time or energy to look at the candidates and vote??? That's pathetic!! And there are a LOT of people in Area III that are dependent on their horses for a large part of their incomes!! Unfortunately, it wasn't only Area III that had a poor voter 'turnout'....what a sorry state of affairs!!

And what is even more pathetic is that there was ample opportunity for EVERYONE to request write-in ballots. There WAS a notice in the Journal....there WAS a write-up about the candidates, and because the ASPC/AMHR website contained nothing about the upcoming elections, I created a website where members could easily print the request form.

But aside from spanking most of the members for their lethargy....I hope that those who DO submit their ballots will vote NO to ratifying this pathetic vote turn-out so that a TRUE election can take place. I don't care how it turns out - but come on people!!!! This is YOUR organization. For pete's sake, pay attention!!! There's a lot of stuff going on that needs some serious attention.....lose the organization, and you lose the value of your animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have been reading this with interest. It is a bit confusing to me. I hope it gets straighten out.

Not to change the subject, but what caught my attention was the name Missy Richards. Is Missy Richard the person that does our AMHR/ASPC web site? And does each Area have a web site? Is she the person you get ahold of if you want to submit something you think might be of interest to people on the website?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi LaVern,

I would love for you to submit something for the Area III website! I will be glad to get it posted on the website for ya.

And yes, I think a few other areas have websites also.

Missy Richardson
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back