Thanks for participating in the Cherryville Farms On-Line Auction!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWC sr.

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop a line to everyone that took part in the Cherryville Farms On-Line Production sale. A total of 17 horses sold due to the auction and we still have a couple of other deals in the works.
default_wink.png

Bidders from Viet Nam, England, Spain and of course the good old USA were involved. Thanks Lil Beginnings for the great banner ad also!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Now to get them all shipped and to the new owners is the next hurdle! LOL
default_new_shocked.gif

Again Thanks everyone!! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!!
default_wub.png

It was a lot of fun and some deals to be had for folks. We plan on doing another one next year after all the babies arrive I hope.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
default_cheers.gif

As I said B4 Congrats! Wish I could have found homes for half that many.

This is off subject, but you mentioned bidders from vietnam. I have recieved an email from someone claiming to be in vietnam that wants to buy my colts. Asked if I shipped internationally...which I know nothing about. 1) have no ideal if they are for real 2) concern for them being shipped so far 3) what is his plans for them...do they use horses for food in Vietnam? I guess I should just post this as a new topic...just curious if you did sell any to Vietnam

Again congradulations and you did have some very tempting offers...but here at the Witts Boys Ranch we are all filled up
default_smile.png

Nancy,

I do not not know if they do or not, but with the costs associated with exporting them. It would sure be a expensive deal for them.
default_unsure.png

As far as exporting information I don't get int all that and refer folks from overseas to EZ 2 Spot or Short View Export. They are both experts at that stuff and I would just mess it up if I tried to take care of any of that stuff!
default_new_shocked.gif

As far as the distance, the way they ship them in individual containers, send a flight attendant with them etc etc, we have never had any problems with the 30 some odd we have exported.
default_yes.gif

Merry Christmas!!

Thank you John, I think I will follow your lead and do the same...I sure don't need the stress of figuring that out. He seems like a nice person....

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

So happy for you that the sale went well. I did check in and look, no budget for purchase right now though! You definitely have a wonderful breeding program.

As to the person asking about shipping to Korea, we had a gentleman out one year looking to purchase a group of 10 Minis and we had a TV crew out from Korea also filming for a show a couple of years ago for a sort of Good Morning America. Minis are a rarity (what the translators told me), and even seeing horses is as well. Generally only the wealthy have them, the rest are in a (I hate to say this as it can be misconstrued) kind of zoo type situation so people can visit or newly started breeding farms.

The International regulations on shipping are country by country, as is the quarantine requirements. We talked extensively with both or govt., and their representative on what was needed. One of the things I was told (please talk to your vet before making any changes), was to not administer VEE (as part of your vaccination protocol), as the Venezuelan was not in many countries and the tiny percentage chance of a horse being a carrier if it had been vaccinated for it could nix a deal. The gentleman I spoke to here in CA, also told me there was no real need for VEE, in Northern CA anyway. So we've since dropped that. WEE/EEE is fine.

We ended up cancelling the deal as it seemed a bit sketchy, even though they had transport set up, etc. We have sent horses to Japan a few years back, and their housing/environment was really lovely.

They do eat horsemeat in most Asian and European countries, but ones that age or that aren't correct could end up that way in many countries. A former Kentucky Derby winner in Japan ended up that way. It was quite controversial at the time.

But you need to remember the cost to ship a Mini to most Asian countries is $5,000 each, it would be a very expensive dinner! You could clarify if they're intending to breed, what the foals would be used for, but knowing the American's distaste for eating horses, I don't know if you'd get 100% honest answer.

Personally I'm not against anyone consuming horsemeat, its more how the animal was/is treated leading up to slaughter. If I want to eat a cow, and someone else wants to eat a horse, so be it, but lets be as humane as possible. But if someone came and wanted to buy one for a BBQ, no way!

**Sorry for hijacking your thread John. Just wanted to answer Witts Mini Horse Ranch.

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy for you that the sale went well. I did check in and look, no budget for purchase right now though! You definitely have a wonderful breeding program.

As to the person asking about shipping to Korea, we had a gentleman out one year looking to purchase a group of 10 Minis and we had a TV crew out from Korea also filming for a show a couple of years ago for a sort of Good Morning America. Minis are a rarity (what the translators told me), and even seeing horses is as well. Generally only the wealthy have them, the rest are in a (I hate to say this as it can be misconstrued) kind of zoo type situation so people can visit or newly started breeding farms.

The International regulations on shipping are country by country, as is the quarantine requirements. We talked extensively with both or govt., and their representative on what was needed. One of the things I was told (please talk to your vet before making any changes), was to not administer VEE (as part of your vaccination protocol), as the Venezuelan was not in many countries and the tiny percentage chance of a horse being a carrier if it had been vaccinated for it could nix a deal. The gentleman I spoke to here in CA, also told me there was no real need for VEE, in Northern CA anyway. So we've since dropped that. WEE/EEE is fine.

We ended up cancelling the deal as it seemed a bit sketchy, even though they had transport set up, etc. We have sent horses to Japan a few years back, and their housing/environment was really lovely.

They do eat horsemeat in most Asian and European countries, but ones that age or that aren't correct could end up that way in many countries. A former Kentucky Derby winner in Japan ended up that way. It was quite controversial at the time.

But you need to remember the cost to ship a Mini to most Asian countries is $5,000 each, it would be a very expensive dinner! You could clarify if they're intending to breed, what the foals would be used for, but knowing the American's distaste for eating horses, I don't know if you'd get 100% honest answer.

Personally I'm not against anyone consuming horsemeat, its more how the animal was/is treated leading up to slaughter. If I want to eat a cow, and someone else wants to eat a horse, so be it, but lets be as humane as possible. But if someone came and wanted to buy one for a BBQ, no way!

**Sorry for hijacking your thread John. Just wanted to answer Witts Mini Horse Ranch.
Thanks, I did question him on his plans for the horses and such...and he said what you stated...that he was a human doctor and that in his country only the rich could afford animals..and went on to tell me his love for animals.

Michelle,

I agree with you on all points that you made. Particularly the one about eating horse meat and the humane treatment of the horses up and until they are packed. I wish in this country the had regulated the care, shipping and handling of slaughter horses as versus forcing them into adjacent countries, where there is no control over how they are treated. Personally I have no desire to try any, but there are those that do. So be it I guess, I know I sure enjoy my rib eyes.

Additionally with the costs of 3,000 - 7,000.00 for export costs depending on where they are going, I personally have never worried about those horses being used for human consumption. Coupled with the fact that the dressed weight of a mini just does not work financially for those type meat people.

Back to the subject though thanks to everyone!!

Congrats to everyone.. cant wait to hear who bought "my" boys
default_yes.gif

Mary Lou,

It was sure a team effort with the ads here on Lil Beginnings being a big part of it. I appreciate the oppurtunity to work with professionals that preduce results for everyone.
default_aktion033.gif

Which ones Lisa?
default_wink.png

John... I should have come up with the idea of you as Santa earlier.. before they sold -hoping their new owners will post here so I can see where they went and congratulate them on their amazing new ponies!
default_aktion033.gif

Hopefully they are all pleased with what they got.

Heather at Marestare got a really nice show filly, she bought Cherryville Rio's Cameo a really cool buckskin Rio De Oro that filly that is gonna be heard from in the show ring mext year I think!
default_wub.png

One lady also got the gelding that my grandaughter was world champion with a couple of years ago named Duke for her daughter.
default_aktion033.gif

There are several others that should do well in the ring also, such as the three year old Rio De Oro son Illusion that is a little guy with tons of pizzaz and the shetland "Here For the Party" etc etc.
default_smile.png

It was a decent set of horses so I think everyone will be satisfied with them.
default_yes.gif

John, you had some very lovely horses on your auction, I know all of the new owners will be very pleased-they got some great deals!!
default_aktion033.gif

You must be talking about Warrior, he and his mother were reserve champion Mare and this years foal at congress when he was two months old. And yes he was a little heartbreaker!!

That ASPC weanling colt is sired by my ASPC stallion SWF Atoms Illusion. I love that colt--he was a little hoot at Congress this year. He is going to be a special show colt. I wonder who go him.

He is going to Arizona, the lady that bought him is planning on having him out in the ring and at Congress again this coming year. I will let her own up to buying him when she is ready though and not give out her name. LOL
default_wink.png

Cool little dude!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back