THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
They got me good. Sue [bozley] and Makayla [fancy] had invited me over their house for dinner a while back for today. What a surprise to find the house totally full and they had a party with christmas gifts for myself and my family. Many forum members were there and it was so good to see them all. The love and help and friendship these people have given me is absolutely priceless. They went out of their way to make sure it was a special meal I could eat [which is not easy] and gave us their fellowship and gifts. It was awesome. Mark and Gaylene Cooper were there [coopermini], Matt Drown, Michelle Shea and her husband, Donna Keefe and Avis, Tom Tyler and his wife, Brenda Sawyer and her family, Karen and Lizzie along with Diana drove all the way over from Keene NH, Ann and Leon Alquhist, Joyce Maxwell and Shelly too and if I forgot anyone I apologize you are all so very very special to me. Thank you so so very much we really really appreciate it. I have the nasty chemo tomorrow and this made my day today and it gives me so much hope to know how blessed I am with friends and family like this. I KNOW this chemo will work tomorrow with all the prayers and good thoughts you have sent my way. I can't express how much I love you all and thank you so very very much. This just proves the people with the mini horses have the BIGGEST hearts. Love you all and thank you so very much. Love Linda

I'm so happy for you.

Another reason to love LB. I am so glad I found this group of awesome people.
default_wub.png

What an exceptionally nice thing to do!! It definitely sounds like you're blessed with an abundance of good friends.

You saw how many people were there for you in person......imagine how many of us are there for you in spirit? God bless you.

It was a wonderful day and had a great time talking with lots of mini owners. The food and friends were great. To me this is what Christmas is all about, helping others and not thinking of yourself. We love you Linda.

I agree Diana! It was wonderful to meet you and everybody that was there! Sue, her Hubby, Makayla, and Noah worked very hard, were amazing hosts and I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart for inviting us into their beautiful home for the party for Linda and her family!!! I had a great time and I am honored to be friends with the Best's and the Carpenters!!

Linda, I hope this Chemo today, doesn't make you feel horrible. As always, I'm praying for you and your family.
default_pray.gif

Love,

Joyce

Sounds like all had a great time. I do not know you but wish you the best in the coming year and years to follow. May you and your family have a Merry Christmas.

It was a really nice day and a good time to get together with everyone. The Carpenters did an outstanding job as host and put a huge amount of effort in to make sure everything went well.

Linda I hope you and your family enjoyed the afternoon. It must have been tempting to drive right on by when you saw the drive full of cars you were not expecting! We are all really glad you did stop!

Hoping today's chemo is the one that get the job done!

Mark

It was a great afternoon with many friends to support the Best Family through all of this. I'm sorry that I did not call you in over a week Linda but I would have spilled the beans!

Thank you Carpenter's for opening your house up to all of. The food was GREAT!

I hope to hear soon that the chemo today went well.

I have been smiling all day thinking about the look on Linda's face and the huge hug she gave me when she and her family saw all the gifts under the tree. What made it even more special was how humble and greatful the children were. They don't take anything for granted and are truly appreciative of everything. It makes you want to give even more.

Everyone that came was so eager to come, pitch in and help. Thank you so much! We have the best LB family ever! You all are awesome!

Sue

We all definitely had a wonderful time together. It was great to be surrounded by all of our "horsey friends." It was an awesome way to start the holiday season!

Makayla

I started to take pictures when Linda and her family were opening their gifts, but I felt that it was hard for them to enjoy the moment with the flash going off, so I stopped.

You know, I have to say, Linda has given us all a wonderful gift as well. It is the gift of friendship. Makayla and I have been going to shows for a couple of years and honestly a lot of the time people would tend to keep to themselves (myself included). We would say an occasional hi or congratulations but nothing really deep was said. Having us all rally together for Linda I think has brought everyone so much closer whether it be locally or nationally through LB.

So, thank you Linda, for giving us the gift of your friendship as well as everyone elses that care so much about you. This is a gift that will last a life time and is greatly appreciated by all, I am sure.

Sue

It really was a great time. It is always interesting gathering up a bunch of horse people in a non horsey setting!! Nobody smelled like horse hair, nobody had hay stuck to their fleece jackets, nobody even had a muck bucket in hand!! It's almost scary to think that under all the horsey-ness we are normal people . . . well sort of. Great time, great visiting. Hope we can all do it again soon. One thing though, if you happen to be playing some Nintendo Wii Tennis at the Carpenter residence, don't pick Makayla as your partener, her talents lie elsewhere
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, you're to funny. Wait, next time she will kick your butt.

Thanks Matt!!! I'm really not THAT bad! Next time, we are playing archery! I own in archery, so watch out!

Makayla

Oh, it sounded wonderful!

I agree - Linda's friendship is one of the greatest gifts of all! I really miss her and Courtney when they would come to our farm and I know the horses do, too.

She shared a story with me about some of Weatherly's relatives (UVM Vision and UVM Flash) that she either rode or worked with (I can't remember) when Weatherly was having a "terrible twos fit" a little early. Those horses also behaved similarly and Weatherly inherited that "attitude" - she is a very sweet horse but has her moments and it was nice to know it wasn't me - it was genetic.

When Dipper arrived at the farm, her former owner told me how another of Weatherly's siblings pulled the same nasty behavior and I shared Linda's story and it all made sense to the former owner.

I loved how my horses all love Linda and Courtney - Freedom especially.
default_wub.png
Freedom would always investigate Linda's tools and nudge her for attention. Courtney indulged Freedom with lots of pats.

Linda - continue to heal! {{{{HUGS}}}} We are always thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way!

Dee

Latest posts

Back