Tell us about your screen name and/or avatar!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tag, the story of your little one pulled at my heart strings! My ex step daughter in law borrowed an old german shepard of mine. She got in a fight with my step son and abandoned him alongside a road. He was trained to the hilt and my kids so loved him. I have always wondered about him also.

My forum name is OhHorsePee. I got it by sitting and trying to figure out what I was going to call myself. As I sat there trying to pick something I said "Oh horse p_ss" and that was it!

Fran

REO is only my initials. Like our farm name is my initials and my hubby's initials together.
default_risa_suelos.gif

I read this thread right after it was started but I cried too much reading about Tagalong. I lost my ONE AND ONLY 10 years ago and it still hurts so much. {{{{hugs}}}} to all that lost their special ones.

Jill made my avatar. Thanks Jill!

It's Nort (Lotto) 4 times

The sorrel mare is Taxi

Goldie mare's head shot

Rose mare (bk pinto)

Our gelding Danny (racing)

3 pics of our colt Topper

Last edited by a moderator:
My screen name came about the first time I ever joined a forum. I was playing with a skinky while waiting for our old dial-up and our even older computer to connect. When I signed up for that forum, I misspelled slinky and put in 2 "K"s. But it stuck, so that's what I use.

My avatar is my rescue mule, Hoot N Holler. Hoot was taken from his mother at 1 week old by a man that raises Arabians. He did not want the mule colt and was planning on killing him. Another lady got involved and took Hoot home with her. She did not have the facilites or time to keep him forever. I found out about him and went to see him. He was one month old that day and had spent his few weeks at her place locked up by himself in a stall. It was so sad. He and I click immediately and he came with us right then and there.

He got his name because my maiden name is Hooten. And boy did he holler those first few days!
default_new_shocked.gif

Thus his name...Hoot N Holler.

(love this topic!)

Well I will answer the question...as soon as I can get my tears to stop blurring my vision. It is just too darn soon after loosing my beloved Roxi to not be choked up by your story Tagalong. I know that feeling of panic and horror that over whelms you when your pet. I searched for 2 days before I found Roxi and I still have nightmares of what the coyotes did to her and what her last minutes were like. I too feel like I let her down by not being able to keep her safe or help her. I torture myself with thoughts of what if... but what is is and I can not change it so I must work on remembering how much joy she brought to our lives while she was with us

So on other forums i am known as BullyForMe and have been since I got Roxi (it is both a way to say Bullmastiffs are the dog for me and hooray for me) but on LB I am just Reignmaker which is my farm name.

Such interesting and touching stories..

I am "Targetsmom" to my 22 year old pinto riding horse who has survived 2 colic surgeries that removed half of his small intestines. This is Target and me after his second surgery in 2001.

SFEC2.jpg

He now lives in our 7.5 acre backyard and we bought our first mini as a companion for him. You can guess the rest...

All 7 of our minis are shown in my avatar, thanks to Jill. They are listed in my signature. But since I am superstitious too, I think I will add Target to the avatar when I get around to updating it with summer photos!! (Note to Jill, we bought our own software so we can update it ourselves). Of course, our farm On Target Miniatures is also named after Target, as is my other business On Target Health Data. Oh, and Target himself is named after the bullseye on his rear end!!!

Just my name and the picture is of the North Carolina sky. I lived there for a month and I just couldn't believe how beautiful the sky was. I won't ever forget NC bugs though :Cold-Scared

LOL Fran!!!!!
default_new_rofl.gif
I have always wondered what your screen name was all about
default_biggrin.png
Now I know
default_yes.gif

Tag, the story of your little one pulled at my heart strings! My ex step daughter in law borrowed an old german shepard of mine. She got in a fight with my step son and abandoned him alongside a road. He was trained to the hilt and my kids so loved him. I have always wondered about him also.
My forum name is OhHorsePee. I got it by sitting and trying to figure out what I was going to call myself. As I sat there trying to pick something I said "Oh horse p_ss" and that was it!

Fran

Hi, just wanted to say that my screen name came from at the time I joined the forum, I was looking for a mini for my daughter.. We both fell deeply in love with these wonderful little horses.. So, I just thought of MiniforFaith.. As I was looking for a Mini for my daughter, Faith.. That was 3 yrs ago, and now we have 4 mini's for Faith!!
default_wub.png

When my brother setup my first PC in my home he told me I needed a name to use for email and that I should never use my real name. I looked around the room and said ok call me shortpig. He looked at me with a grin on his face that I so miss and said "that works for me".

Since then this has been my tag and I must say has gotten many of questions from people and alot of giggles when I have to give it to someone as my email address.

On Thanksgiving night in 2006 I received a call about 10:00 from his neice, unusual absolutely. No reason on earth for her to be calling me. So instantly my heart stopped. Then she spoke those words I will never forget. Paul is gone. Massive heart attack. Needless to say my world started spinning and life for me changed drastically. This one person who I had known all my life was my rock. He was one person I truly trusted with my life. Now he was gone. It has been almost two years and still I cry when I think about him. He was only 59yrs old and had just two more weeks until he could retire and enjoy the life he had worked so hard to build. His brand new 31' motor home sets unused. His sweet and cute grandson will never be able to go fishing and hunting with his Gpa. He is very missed. Just wanted to share that.

Then just a couple months ago I came home from work to find my little friend shortpig sweetly passing. I had shorty since he was 4 wks old. He was 14yrs old. I sat beside him as he gently grunted at me waiting to go to the rainbow bridge with all who had left him behind over the years. He is once again with his best friends Lucky "His kitty" and Angel "His adoptive Mom my Collie".

Out of respect I will never change my name. I know it sounds sad. But it made me realize how much my name really means to me now. More than ever before.

Here is my brothers favorite picture of himself. It shows his true personality.

PaulSmithGrizzlyAdams.jpg

Here is my namesake cute don't ya think?

a1Shortpig.jpg

Oh shortpig - that was touching.
hug2.gif

Back when my Tag was doing agility - our agility club had a pot-bellied pig named Lotus as a member. Lotus did demos with the dogs - and was always the star. She had her own little A-frame... and she used the regular tunnels and jumps (set at 6").

Lotus was a bit tempermental - but the audiences loved her! I'll look to see if I have a picture of her on course somewhere...

I am loving all the stories... thanks, you guys!
default_smile.png

Mine is not very creative. It is a variation on the name of my farm, Creta Hills Farm. The picture in the avatar is a headshot of one of my yearling mares, Glitter.

I loved reading the responses to this thread. I hope this keeps going for a while.

My avatar is Nina-Boo, a buckskin mini mare who presented us with a surprise filly 3 weeks ago after 2 vets, many friends and a farrier insisted she was not pregnant...but I just had a feeling..... LOL

My user name comes from the 'Fancy' appaloosa horses we own and love.

Our farm name comes from the secluded nature of our property. We live right in the middle of a small town but our farm is completely hidden from view. Our driveway is 3/4 mile long and our house sits at the end of it. We have a creek/woods bordering one side, dam/woods bordering the other side and a 50 foot cliff/woods bordering the rear. So we are pretty un reachable except for the driveway and it is easy to miss.We are completely hidden and you would not know a farm was there unless you came down the drive.

So that is how our farm got it's name...Hidden Acres.

This is the first (and only) forum I ever joined and I didn't know that when I put my contact name in the box it would become my forum name. I have thought of changing it, but I can't seem to think of anything original.

My avatar is Dapper Dan, my first miniature. We learn with each other. I can't imagine not having him till death us do part. Other horses may come and go, but Dapper Dan is the Man.

Loved reading the stories of folks' animals and relatives.

My name is very obvious, I am the mom to all of my kids be it dogs, horses or the two legged one, Samantha. NC is just where I live. My avatar right now is of my 5 year old mare, Villas Party Doll who is in foal for early March to Hunt House Farms Medalion. It was taken during a photo shoot and I just loved seeing her face in the mirror with just the blue sky as the background of it.

Great stories from everyone.

Karen

This is so fun!

My screen name comes from putting Jelly Bean (a candy) and Lexus (a car) together. My avatar is one of my favorite pics of the girls, "the bunny kiss" taken last Easter when they had their Easter Bunny costumes on. Our "farm" name, Jelly Bean Dell is what I call our little 1/2 acre lot! Our next place will have real acres and be called CandyCar Acres.

Ok im a simple person or just not as creative as the rest of you but Hahler is my last name (keep it the same on all boards easy to remember)

and my avatar is alittle different (been getting some questions about it)

since i have to many pets to post and horses and i raise full size i thought i would be alittle different

for those that really know me know that im a MAJOR Xena fanatic

that is a fantasy cover from a xena fanfic website. It is suppose to be Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor (xena and gabrielle)

that is me abit different

dawn

Every now and then we have this thread - there are so many new people on the forum that it's great to see how everyone got their names! Tag - thank you for posting your story --- very, very touching...

My screen name is pretty simple -- "hoss" is for "horses" and "hosscrazy" means I'm crazy about horses! My avatar is my sweet dear Poppy...she has such a long mane and forelock that my nickname for her is "hippie-chic"
default_laugh.png

Liz R.

Not too much of a 'backstory' here...LB is the first internet forum I ever joined; it never occurred to me to put down anything but my actual name! (Well, my 'REAL' name is Margaret--it is my middle, not my first name-which virtually NO ONE knows, because I never could stand it!--but, the same dear uncle who set me up onto a work mule when I was two, and launched me on this lifetime of love for equines(!)-also began calling me "Margo", and it is what I've answered to for MANY years....) I did later join a couple of other groups under 'screen names', just for variety--but I ALWAYS 'sign' with my own name, because I am a believer in doing so.

My avatar is a head shot, taken by me, of the miniature horse of my heart, "Jess Cowboys Top Hand", "Handy" for short. I bred, raised, and trained him entirely; he is an AMHA Champion, earned even w/o being able to travel much or far. He has the dispositon of a sometimes mischievous SAINT, and I love him with all my heart! He is 14 this year. His sire is my still-favorite miniature stallion of all time, "Landrys Cowboy Del"; his dam, "Sooner States Melody", a daughter of "Tattoo"--the first and likely the BEST mare choice I ever made, 24 years ago and still with me at age 26!

Oh, and my 'farm'(I never considered 5 acres as a 'farm', or a 'ranch', but that seems common terminology, nowadays?) prefix came from my mother's first name, to honor her because although she'd really rather I'd have learned to play bridge, and concentrated on my artistic talents, she supported her 'tomboy, horsecrazy' daughter in HER interests, and I am eternally grateful! Her name was "Jessie", and as an Interior decorator, she signed her name distinctively. I used 'part' of her name, and copied her distinctive style of signing it....I can't replicate it here, but if you ever see me w/ my self-designed logo, you will understand what I am describing! I also did the logo design for our NM AMHA club.

This IS a fun thread, learning a bit about the backstories of others!

Margo

Casnos Minis comes from combining my kids names(Cassidy and Noah) and their minis were the first 2 we had.

My avatar is Dixie the long haired mini doxie I got from Lyn Jacobs this year for xmas.

Christy

Latest posts

Back