Tack cleaning

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebelsHope

Reaction score
I admit it. I do not clean my tack as often as I should. I usually use glycerin soap and neats foot oil, I know so old school. Well I tried Absorbine's product this time, Horseman's One Step. It seems to work pretty well on some of my old stuff. Although I need to go over some heavy soiled areas. . . note to self- if you have free range chickens, make sure they can not poop on the tack. ICK!

I was wondering what you all use and how you like it.

I use Leather Therapy and I love it! I asked some of the driving trainers what they used on old dryed out tack and this was the favorite. I had tried some others and they didn't supple them very well because they seemed to sit on top the leather, but the Leather Therapy soaked into it. I used it on driving harness, saddle, bridles, and boots that had been forgoten in a barn for 5-10 years.

Thanks!

I was hoping to get more reviews of the different products people use but at least I have one endorsement. Maybe I will try that one next time.

Leather CPR! We have tried a lot of others, Horsemans one step, harness honey, leather therapy.....the Leather CPR has been the best by far.....

I find Harness Honey to be the best conditioner I have ever used. I use any kind of cleaner to get the dirt off. Harness Honey will make your reins feel like "butta".

'Leather Therapy Wash' has alcohol in it, so you need to be condition the tack after cleaning otherwise it will dry the leather out.

I do like Horsemen's One Step, just be sure not to leave it in the sun or anywhere too warm.
default_rolleyes.gif

As a Pony Clubber, I have done a LOT of tack cleaning. Leather CPR is the best out there IMO, and I have tried just about everything. It "melts" the dirt away, as it claims, and leaves the leather super supple. It is also very easy to use, does not require a lot of elbow grease, and gets the job done well!

Oh thanks so much! I think I need to try a few need products.
default_yes.gif

I like Absorbine Horseman's One Step.. It's a cleaner and conditioner all in one. I love it, and I've. Tried. Everything. It also gets your hands nice and soft 8D

Back