Surfin' Arizona Style at IAMRanch

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! you guys sure know how to find every possible use for your minis lol What size was he/she?

OMG...I absolutely LOVED it!!
default_thumbup.gif

WOW!! Loved the horse!! He has a great trot and that looks like an excellent way to get him fit and have some fun. I have a question ...how did you hitch the traces to the board?

The traces were just tied on with haystring.....That is Cameo, our little 31.5" mini. This is a neat show video of the same mare.

The traces were just tied on with haystring.....

how did the haystring keep them elevated above there fetlocks? Am I just blind, did I miss something on the video? She is a lovely mare, you must be very proud of her. I enjoyed watching her in roadster on that video. That little girl can really move.

To keep the haystring up, my daughter fashioned one hay string into what looked like breeching or like a kicking strap with loops that the ties went through. This kept it all above the fetlocks.

Thank you on her movement. It is what I love. Here are some links to our babies this year....

You have beatufil horses. I especially like the firey redhead and Jack. I might have troubel ever getting anything done if I owned them, I would be inclined to just stand and watch them move all day.
default_smile.png
Thanks for sharing the videos, I enjoyed watching them.

I first saw your video over on Chronicle of the Horse, where it has been posted on both the Off Course and Driving boards.

Hilarious and makes me wish I had irrigation here, LOL

The really funny thing about surfing is it made people remember us. At the World show this year, I would pull up next to some stranger in my driving classes and the person sitting next to would say, "Hey, aren't you that family that surfs!?!?" Surprised me. We did do a video with Design surfing and he was the one that I was driving at Worlds.

We also had some people worry that we were leaning on their mouths when surfing. So after that first video, all the rest of our surfing was done in halters only.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back