Super World Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nostalgia

Reaction score
Hey everyone... this is my synopsis of the 2006 AMHA World Show. First of all, I would like to thank all the sponsors, bidders, and volunteers that contributed the the success of the AMHyA World Show, Judging Contest, Calcutta, and other arena contests! This year AMHyA made a record (I believe the highest before was about $15,000 - last year) of approximately $32,000!!!!!! It was such an exciting evening of awards, good food, AMHyA officers (past and prospective) and "friendly" bidding!!! Also thanks to Susan Stacy (and her family) for the wonderful sculpture that she donated to the Youth (and one to the Gelding Incentive). If the success of the AMHyA is any insight to the AMHA there is nothing but the best for this Association - What a great future we all have to look forward to. Be sure to check "The World" for all the sponsors and volunteers and thank them for their wonderful efforts and contributions. I didn't get a chance to attend the Amateur party, due to the youth activities, but this event was also very appreciated and enjoyed. The Amateur committe has had a very successful year and many people benefitted from this - a couple benefits where the AOTE Challenge and the "door prizes".

Secondly, how fun the show was! Everyone was having fun in the stands watching absolutely stunning horses. But we also had a lot of fun in the barn area! Check equineimagery.com for fun shots taken at our stalls (Nostalgia Farm) where Kareoke was a big hit!!! Even AMHA's Treasurer and VP had a blast! Although we couldn't have had so much fun if it wasn't for some of the West Coast gang, Lisa Schmidt and her family and crew, Wingate Training Center (the Campbell Family), Mike and Carol Want, the Kane family and the Porter Family and crew, to name a few. We also can't leave out Emily Conder, Chandler Marks, the O'Connels, and Amanda O'Cole. See, people from the East know how to have fun too!!! haha BTW Did everyone like Sami Scheuring silks??? I though she looked smashing in the "watermelon"! I couldn't have made them look any better myself. :lol:

Lastly, we had a very successful show. The proudest was winning the World Champion Weanling Stallions 26 and Under with Nostalgias Follow Me!!!! Congratulations to David Sandeno (Washington) on the purchase of this incredible little horse (will post pictures soon). Also Nostalgias Impeachment Note and Nostalgias Shake the Money Maker won Res. Mare and Current Year Foal (thanks Amanda O'Cole for your help), not to brag much :bgrin just to mention a few. Congratulations to the Kane Family on the purchase of Nostalgias Pay the Lady! Watch for both Follow Me and Pay the Lady on the West Coast!

I hope to hear many more stories about the show and about all of your wins! The judging was great and very professional, the horses were spectacular, the people incredible and I am very much proud to be a member of the AMHA.

Hope to see you all in Feb. at the annual meeting.

Natalie Roberts

AMHyA Youth Chairperson

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I heard music coming from down your way! I shoulda walked over and checked it out.

It was a great show. The driving classes were big and very competitive. Now I gotta start working these 3 y.o.s to take to the 4 y.o. driving futurity next year. Lots of neat prizes and money! I hope they get the "issues" ironed out on that.

I saw the 26 and under class and your colt is aweosome!

Natalie...CONGRATULATIONS on your wins...you ALWAYS have amazing horses :aktion033: :aktion033: I do believe you have earned lots and lots of "juice"
default_wink.png
: :lol: :lol: :lol: you have some celebrating to do
default_yes.gif
:

sounds like the World show was fantastic as always...we sure missed being there this year...but, alas we look forward coming back for the 2007 Worlds.

Congratulations on the youth program....I admire you for jumping in to make it such a big success
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: !!!!

lis

Angie - you should have joined us, we would have loved to have you!!! Remember everyone has an open invitation at my stalls, always. Great job to you , as well - I love to watch you and Bali Hi, he is simply gorgeous! Thanks to you both, it means a lot to show and win with a horse that we have raised (do it ourselves). I know that you both do a lot yourselves and we should all be excited. I do love have my horse with a trainer though, less work for me :bgrin

Lisa - We need to have some "juice" together! We don't need a reason, just to see each other :aktion033: :saludando:
default_smile.png
:bgrin :aktion033:

Hope to see you in Florida Angie!!!

Natalie

I DID come down to check it out... couldn't resist!! I was bored, and from half way across the barn I heard someone singing a Shania Twain song and couldn't help but to come see who was having all the fun!!!! LOL, It sure was cool that everyone was having such an awesome time... Lots of memories!

And congrats again on that 26 & Under class, that sure was one awesome baby you had there!!!

-Jess

Congratulations all the way around!

:D

Liz M.

We most definately enjoyed you Jess, it was great meeting you! Thanks to all about the Weanling colt!!!!! We really appreciate it and I will post Pictures soon.

On the original post the name Stacy Score got posted to the credit of the sculptures, thanks Stacy for pointing that out, and I sincerely apologize to all! :new_shocked:

The wonderful lady (and her famlily) that desesrves all the credit for donating the gorgeous sculptures to the AMHyA and the Gelding Incentive is Susan Stacy (and John & Naomi)
default_yes.gif
: . Not only were the pieces magnificent but they were donated by a very wonderfull, supportive family.
default_wub.png
:

Again, sorry for the mishap - but I did meet a new aquaintance because of it
default_smile.png
(Thanks again Stacy)!

Thanks again to all! :aktion033:

Natalie

Natalie,

Thanks for the post about my mother on her donation of the two scupltures. She put alot of time in on both of them, over 50 hours on the GIF one, and I know that she would appreciate anyone who would drop her a note thanking her for them at [email protected]. And for any of you who would like to have you show horses or stallions done in bronze she does an amazing job at a very affordable price. You can contact her at the above email as well to discuss it with her or give her a call at 505-576-2229.

Thank you again and congrats on your wins.

John

Congratulations Natalie on your wins! Lets not forget your an awesome hostess, and I had a blast at your stalls! This Nationals was the best ive been to! I feel next year will surpass this one! See you in FL soon!

Natalie, Congrats! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Thats huge and I'd be telling every one! Way to go. I look forward to your pictures. I really liked your foals and had hoped they'd do well, I'm so happy for you
default_wub.png
: :saludando:

Latest posts

Back