Sunny update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smlotsocats

Reaction score
Poop! We have poop!
aktion033.gif
I got home from work today to find 3 piles of normal poop from Sunny. I could see that just this morning he was still spraying out green water but the last pile he left was hard balls with mucous on it. There was nothing in it that would have clogged him up so he must have just become impacted when the weather changed so drastically here and he got the upper respiratory infection all at the same time. His blood work came back all normal and we still have 2 days to go on the Salmonella test. He will be on the Naxcel through Sunday.

None of the other horses have gotten sick (knock on wood) even the colt next to him so I'm really hoping that it's not contagious. The AQHA filly across from him had a snotty nose on Sunday morning but by the evening it was gone. I think that Mr Sunny just has no immunity from never being around any other horses. He has had all his shots but we all know how that goes! He's wearing a new blanket now to keep him warm at night. Poor horse, he's been through so much. Keep your fingers crossed for him!

biggrin.gif
Where's that POOP icon when you need it!!!! Good news!!!
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back