Stuart exercising with a ball!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Yankee In NC

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll!

Well, its official..I now have a microfarm! lol

I think that Stuart is very happy with his new surroundings. He has been introduced to the dogs...Juba, my Pomeranian slipped thru the fence and got stepped on...hurt his little foot...may have broken a toe....and Chloe, the boxer mix, wants to play..but I am not ready for contact like that just yet.

Juba had a seizure on Saturday which I am sure is from all the over-stimulation of the horse...he barks constantly at Stuart. I am going to have to do some training on that matter...Juba can be relentless.

I have "weighed" Stuart with a equine horse measurement tape and he is just under 150 pounds. I needed to be sure I was feeding the proper amount of feed. I am feeding "Complete Feed" as hay is in such a shortage right now.

He really likes his little barn and pasture.

Saturday afternoon he was just tearing around the pasture running his little legs off! I just love to watch him!

I took an exercise ball for people out there and he just went nuts playing with it. I think I got almost as much exercise as he did as it kept going thru the fence and the wind took it across the field several times! Gosh, I am so out of shape! LOL!

I have attatched a link for you to go see it on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZUoDPTx2jU

One problem tho: He likes to jump up on us from the back when we are walking away and nips with his teeth...I have to be careful not to put my back to him! We will have to find a way to fix that little problem. If you have any suggestions I am more than willing to listen.

I am so happy to have him! I think he is a great little horse. I am already thinking about how to save up for a pasture buddy for him! I think he would be very happy to have a friend.

You should have seen the 2 horses next door when we unloaded Stuart. They came running to the edge of their fence and whinnied at him and he whinnied back...they "chatted" for quite a while it was really cool!

Well, I am off to work..I cannot wait for the daylight to last well past 7 so that I can play with him when I get home from work.

Have a Super Day!

el

He definitely needs a friend, but for now looks like he'll get plenty of exercise with his ball. He obviously loves it!! Cute video and Stuart is a very cute little fella.

awww. that adorible. We got one for Rain yeaterday and he tryed to bit it and step on it w/ his front feet. Yeah, it didn't really work, the ball was too big to step on : P

Oh that boy is having a great time! Enjoyed watching the video, thanks for sharing. Regarding is naughty behavior, be careful as you could get seriously hurt. Your safety is of utmost importance so please keep that in mind when you are working on correctly this behavior. Is he gelded? That would be one of the first things I would do. There are several other things you can do to stop him and change his mind before he actually approaches you, like turn around quickly and stomp your foot towards him with direct and stern eye contact and loudly say NO if he is about to do this. Just remember, don't get hurt!

default_wub.png
aw

so cute.

thanks for sharing.

Firstly, I love his name!
default_smile.png

What a great video, he really loves that ball doesn't he!

Your life will never be the same now that you own a mini...or should or say now that he owns you!

Get right onto letting him know that nipping and jumping on you is not acceptable. Then again, he is in new surroundings so perhaps he is just testing the waters.

He is super cute!

Latest posts

Back