Stripes and Other Unusual Patterns

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlotte, I do not feel any raised areas on my mare's stripes. I am not positive, but possibly Riverdance stated that her mare's stripes were. This is very interesting.

Vickie, I have a full brother that is black roan with no stripes.

Vickie, I do not plan on breeding my mare, she is too small for me. (29") I have had minis for 26 years, and stopped breeding 6 years ago and afterr having a lot of success with 100% live foals, (40) I will not press my luck.

The only one I 'lost' was an abortion at 9 months, twisted cord. I like my breeding mares to be larger with full bodies and roomy hips, room to get in there and reposition, and yes I have had several that could have been lost except for being there.. Of course this must be done at the optimum moment, well you get it, lots of sleepless nights!!. I am well aware that sometimes a situation can be impossible to be resolved, and that is why I will not press my luck.

Wow, that is quiet the record. That is awesome; (40) all live. And now that you no longer breed you have more time to enjoy your pretty gal (and the others) and get some sleep.

I don't think Marble's hair varies in texture at all but I will have to check It does go right down to the skin. I think if she had been a chimera the hair would have had more chance of different textures. Hopefully when she gets shaved again Sue will get pics.

Latest posts

Back