Strange maiden mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the pictures of her and your stallion, plus excited to see what she produces this time from the cremello! She looks pretty close to me as well, although, being a maiden, she could choose to take her time. What sort of night checks are you doing at the moment, and yes watch out for that ph to drop quite quickly as it often can. Will she let you check the colour inside her vulva? This is another way to get a good sign that she is near/going to foal.

Dont talk to me about strange weather! Here in Wales, UK we went from freezing cold not long ago to some lovely warm weather a couple of weeks ago to the last three days of rain, hail and very strong winds - with the odd glimmer of sun once or twice during the day!!

Do remember that plenty of outside exercise time is essential for pregnant mares, so even if the weather is not that good, she does need to get out on a daily basis especially as she may need to roll quite a lot to help get that baby into the perfect delivery position.
default_yes.gif

Keep those pictures coming - she's such a pretty girl!

She wearing a birth alarm and stands under camera.

I can check the colour of her vulga, it's still pink.

All our horses get out everyday except when it's raining whole the day, as yesterday. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

She has now a very large stable in which she can roll very easily.

Okay, I'm looking but can't find.....so where are you from?

She's looking so good, and things can certainly be up and down with a maiden, but appreciate you sharing the pictures so we can watch her!

I live in Belgium, Europe.

With AMHA she's just called "Find Me Colour". My husband is registered as the owner.

Yesterday I saw the milktest go a little down, and this morning it's orange and at 9 am, the foal was born.

A very beautifull, long leggy palomino colt, with some white feet, I think. Everything went very easy and Poppy is a great mother.
default_yes.gif

Foto-OCTNCRA7.jpg

Foto-FRVW7V8U.jpg

Foto-U3YD8TDE.jpg

default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
CONGRATULATIONS
He is just adorable, you must be over the moon happy
default_smile.png
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_new_multi.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a gorgeous little boy!!! Oh......and lots more pictures are required of this healthy little one! Just so handsome -- and glad all things went so well!!

I meant to post about her last night, but wound up getting home late!

She's really done her ancestry proud with this beautiful little one.

She has some wonderful LTD breeding, with a long line of very well known foundation lines, including Sonrisas Hajel, Shredder, Gold Melody Boy, Roan Ranger, Flying W Farms and:

Magic Man of LTDs / LTDs Magic Man - 19 times a National Champion:

2001 AMHR Reserve National Champion Get of Sire (A)
2000 AMHA National Champion AOTE Country Pleasure Driving
2000 AMHA National Champion Amateur Country Pleasure Driving Level 2
2000 AMHA National Champion Best Matched Pair
2000 AMHR National Champion Open Hunter (A)
2000 AMHR Reserve National Champion Get of Sire (A)
2000 AMHR Reserve National Champion Open Versatility (A)
1999 AMHR National Champion Amateur Versatility (A)
1999 AMHR Reserve National Champion Open Versatility (A)
1999 PtHA National Champion Ideal Pinto Pleasure Driving (A)
1999 PtHA Reserve National Champion Pleasure Driving (A)
1998 PtHA National Champion Ideal Pinto Pleasure Driving (A)
1997 AMHR National Champion Get of Sire (A/B)
1996 PtHA Reserve National Champion Pleasure Driving (A)
1996 AMHR Reserve National Champion Get of Sire (A/B)
1996 PtHA Champion 32-34” Stallion
1996 PtHA Reserve Grand National Champion Senior Stallion (A)
1995 AMHR Reserve National Champion Multi-Color Stallion (A)
1993 AMHR Reserve National Champion Multi-Color Stallion (A)

and her grandsire:

Magic Mans Grand Slam - 21 times National or Reserve National Champion and 2004 AMHR Miniature Performance Horse of the Year

Any more pictures of that handsome little man?

Here are mom and dad's full pedigrees just in case you don't have access to the background generations.

Color.pdf

Shareef.PDF

Attachments

• Color.pdf
    12.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Shareef.PDF
    11.3 KB · Views: 89
Great work Diane
default_smile.png
wow what very impressive heritage. This is one very special colt.

Oh my! What a gorgeous and very handsome little fella!! You must be over the moon!! MANY CONGRATULATIONS!! And well done to Poppy!!
default_thumbup.gif
default_thumbup.gif

Keep those pictures coming please!!

By the way dont forget to unbraid her tail - baby can get a nasty whack from a braided tail, actually, by now you have probably done this anyway but couldn't help pointing it out, more for the info for the less experienced owners reading this.
default_yes.gif

Thank you very much for the full pedigrees. I don't have acces to it.
default_thumbup.gif

Would it be possible to check our own stallion too? His name: Oasis XS Perfectly Gone Wild, and is registered on my name with AMHA and AMHR.

I'll post some more photos tonight.
default_yes.gif

The AMHA pedigree is the most complete and easier to read, since AMHR only shows a few generations at a time, so I'm showing this one, unless you need the AMHR number informaiton. Let me know.

Your stallion also has some incredible breeding from some wonderful foundation lines! I hope you will share some of his offspring pictures, too!.

Gone Wild.pdf

Attachments

• Gone Wild.pdf
    29.8 KB · Views: 29
Thank you very much for looking him up for me.

Here are some new photos of our little guy. My daughter named him Spirit, from the movie.

Foto-OR4EAEEK.jpg

Foto-3XNXSRPJ.jpg

Foto-WKPTWYJC.jpg

Ahhh he is just adorable
default_smile.png
What about a show name? with parents like his he will need an important show name
default_yes.gif

What a handsome little man - thank you for the pictures.
default_yes.gif

His full name is going to be: Windroses Shareefs Find Me Spirit.
default_worshippy.gif

I'm going to find out how to fill in every document for the AMHA. Never done that before.

If everything goes wel, maybe we will have to wait for a foal of my other mare.
default_yes.gif

default_thumbup.gif
Fabulous name
default_smile.png
Exciting stuff about your other mare
default_yes.gif
who is it? can we see a pic please
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back