Stolen minis - recovered~~!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peggy Hogan

Reaction score
Just got some details from Laura:

The minis appeared suddenly in a (completely fenced) back pasture, with a new 8' hole in the arena they'd disappeared from. They hadn't just gone out a hole we'd missed -- that wouldn't explain the tracks in the yard, etc., and no one can miss a local burro's vocalizations for 5 days -- but we are very glad they're home!

I personally attribute their reappearance to the fantastic social networking making it awkward to keep horses whose photos were EVERYWHERE online, at stores, and at horse auctions. Thanks to everyone for sharing the word and for their prayers!

Yes, they're in good shape -- fat from their time in the larger pasture, which can be dangerous for minis, but otherwise healthy!

So thank you to one and all; you're a great group.

Please help. These are minis owned by the mom of a friend of mine. One is a mini donkey the other a miniature horse. They were stolen recently. I've attached a link to a flyer describing the situation.

Indianapolis was point of origin.

http://caninesinaction.com/minis/stolen-horses.html

This group has a great track record for helping in these kinds of situations. Please, please let's find these loved and valued pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be sure to contact Net Possee as well, they have a very wide audience.

I forwarded this to both Indiana carriage clubs that I belong to. Many members are from the Indinapolis area. Hopefully this family will be reunited with their little ones!

Rotten bas***D's! I'll keep my eyes open.

My heart goes out to you - praying for a safe return.
default_no.gif

Sent it to step sister who lives in Indianapolis and dad who lives in West Lafayette.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG my prayers & heart goes out to them. May they be sound safe and returned home SOON!

Dirty thieving b*****ds! GRRRR!!

I am just East of Indy,,,I will get some flyers in my store and else where. I have a friend who attends local auctions and sales, have been in touch and he will be there on Sat and will watch for them there.

Hoping for a safe return.

You guys are AWEsome...thank you so much. I'll tell Laura about the wonderful help and prayers from all of you. Thanks also for the idea of Net Posse....I'll get right on that.

thank you again.

OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
I DON'T KNOW HOW PEOPLE LIKE THIS PERSON CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT !

I HOPE THEY HANG THEM WHEN THEY CATCH THEM

I also have a mini donkey (and he is just like hers, he will gladly abandon his food to spend time with me while the mini horses chow down) and a mini filly that are stabled together and I would be DEVESTATED to go outside and find them gone.

The donkey more so than the horses get very atatched to thier owners

I pray for thier safe return

I came across another stolen mini on craigs list york, PA. He is a 6 month old dapple gray colt stolen from his farm in Clearfield county, PA on Oct 10, 2009. There may be a connection to these two. There is a large mini auction next week in PA. I am going and will definately take pics with me of all 3 that were stolen. http://www.netposse.com/stolenmissing/Silv...tolenOct09.html

The president of our carriage club is the regional director for American Driving Society, so this has been sent to all ADS members nationwide. The more eyes watching for these two little ones, the better the chances of their return!

I came across another stolen mini on craigs list york, PA. He is a 6 month old dapple gray colt stolen from his farm in Clearfield county, PA on Oct 10, 2009. There may be a connection to these two. There is a large mini auction next week in PA. I am going and will definately take pics with me of all 3 that were stolen. http://www.netposse.com/stolenmissing/Silv...tolenOct09.html
Oh my goodness thank you sooo much.

Watching the auction sounds like a very good move. Wow...thanks...

The president of our carriage club is the regional director for American Driving Society, so this has been sent to all ADS members nationwide. The more eyes watching for these two little ones, the better the chances of their return!
Thank you sooo much. You guys are wonderful; what a blessing. Thank you thank you

Please post an update if you hear anything....... We may be in another part of the country, but we all care.

OH, I hate hearing of horses or other pets going missing.
default_no.gif
I hope they find them soon. Prayers going out from Canada. Please keep us posted.

They were found!!!!???? I saw that blessed word "RECOVERED" on the poster!! And it happened today??!!!
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png
:BigGrin
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back