stay or drop smester in school

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stay in school and try to pass

• drop this semester and start new second semster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cara

Reaction score
hi i need adivce on what to do here,

its mid term at school(highschool ) and i only have two courses this semester, i am failing both, things have been bery dramatic and stressful lightly, it also didnt help that the school messed up my courses in the first place! anyway im having a hard time focusing on my work! should u drop this semster and start new second semster in feb, and come back for those two courses( differnet courses) or stay and try to pass? keep in mind that my chemistry teacher hates me! she has been trying to get my kicked out since day one! it also doesnt help when she wont help me and im bad at chem! so i need some help guys! any adivce!!!!
default_unsure.png

Go talk to a guidence councler. Can you switch classes?

If you drop out now and start again in feb, and you dont get your act together, that was your last show at graduating high school in 08, right.? Then you will still have those cources left in 09. And I bet you wanna get out of high school.

Stay in school and suck it up- its life.

BTW- You poll needs some editing. It only shows one option.

Stay and try to pass this semester and if you don't then you have a backup plan. Once you drop out it's hard to go back-did that in college and it took me awhile to go back.

Amanda

Stay in school and suck it up- its life.
Wow, wise beyond your years Alex.

I guess my comment is that if you can't suck it up for two classes in high school how can you do it in life. Life is going to be full of many more challenges.

I guess I am left wondering what kind of a high school permits you to take only two classes. I know it has been a long time since I went to school but we had to take atleast five classes and that didn't count things like band, music and phys ed.

I took a course of ASL (Sign Language) when i was in high school, supose to be a full year class)....about three weeks into that course i knew i was not going to make it all year long, some things are just not for some people. But, i did finish out the semester (you only have a few weeks left) and then i dropped the 2nd semester of it...BUT you are going to be much smarter then I was and finish that class!!!

Yes, it is very easy to say "Suck it up, its school"...but if the class is an elective and not required for graduation (not sure how that works in up in CA), and the class really really does not interest you, i say drop it and take up something else that is more useful to you and has your interest. But i would talk with my guidance counseler right now and take up a different class next semester, but just finish out this semester in this class..not long left really.

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice, stay in school and finish. If you only have two classes and you drop them both, you will never finish at all. Sorry, ,life just takes over and other things start to happen. In this day and age you really need a college graduation, but at least a high school graduation. Find ways to complete the course with a passing grade, go have a heart to heart with the teacher and counselor together and tell them your thoughts and feelings on the class. Show everyone how mature you are by taking control. It is your life, run with it. You will come across a lot of people you do not like in life and will have to deal with them some times daily. Better to learn that lesson now and be ahead of the game. Good luck, I know you are down right now and looking for a solution, quitting is never a solution. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you find a way.

Stay and try to pass! Don't give up..

I was hoping thing were getting better for you...keep trying!

STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!!! It may be tough, but please try. You are only mid semester and may be failing, but you only need a C or so to pass the course (or maybe even a D, depends on the school). Start working on homework. Sit down and talk to your teachers and school counselor. They are here to help and would be sympathetic of your situation. My little brother failed a couple courses in high school. They had a night class option to help him make up the credit so that he could graduate in time. Unfortunately, your high school career makes up the rest of your life....placements in jobs, college, etc. Don't giv eup. It'll just take a little motivation and you'll make it through.

I would say stay in school this semester. Is there someone in your class that you could approach and ask for their help in tutoring you or working with you to help you get your grades up. You say your teacher "hates" you. I would go to your guidance counselor and let her/him know how you feel and ask them for ways that will help you cope in staying in that class. Perhaps if they hear this they will speak to the teacher in question. It could very well be that this teacher doesn't realise wht he or she is doing to you. I say find a "tutor" or study partner in your class and really try to get a passing grade. I am not sure what you want to do after highschool, if you are considering college? If so do you need good grades in the two subjects that you are failing at the moment? Perhaps you need to re-take these two classes to ensure you get higher grades for college, for what you want to study in college? Go see the guidance counselor.

STICK IT OUT! Don't take the "easy" path........Some day you will kick yourself for quitting.

Talk to a school guidance counselor, get a study-buddy or tutor, talk to your teacher(s)........make sure they know you want to make the effort and TRY....... Teachers often take the extra effort to help students like that. They also don't tend to fail a student who is obviously trying. The important thing to do is COMMUNICATE.

My advice, stay in school and finish. If you only have two classes and you drop them both, you will never finish at all. Sorry, ,life just takes over and other things start to happen. In this day and age you really need a college graduation, but at least a high school graduation. Find ways to complete the course with a passing grade, go have a heart to heart with the teacher and counselor together and tell them your thoughts and feelings on the class. Show everyone how mature you are by taking control. It is your life, run with it. You will come across a lot of people you do not like in life and will have to deal with them some times daily. Better to learn that lesson now and be ahead of the game. Good luck, I know you are down right now and looking for a solution, quitting is never a solution. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope you find a way.
That's exactly what I wanted to tell you, too, but Terri put it much better. Brilliant advice!

What about getting a tutor to help you, even if it's a classmate to study with. I found Gr. 12 Chemistry pretty difficult, too, but a study buddy helped greatly.

Don't ever quit school!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back