Stall mats

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchantress

Reaction score
We're looking to put stall mats in all stalls and aisle. There's such a wide variety available out there I was hoping to get suggestions on the best place to find stall mats which is also cost effective...what your experiences are and if you're happy with the results.

Thanks!

I love my stall mats and I'm sure you will too! When I had my barn built, I went to talk with the manager of my local farmer's co-op (where I already buy most of my feed) and said I wanted to buy 40+ of them and what could he do for me? The individual price was $35 each and he knocked them down to $25 each for that quantity. I even got them to throw in delivering them, although I don't think they wanted to have to unload them at their store and it was easier on them to just send the truck the four miles past it to my house. These suckers are HEAVY!! They are 4'x6' and very thick, maybe an inch?

So I guess the moral of this story is to check around, but remember to see if you can get a better deal because of the quantity you want.

I got mine at Tractor Supply. I waited until they sent me a coupon for 10% off the entire purchase and then had TS deliver them. A local guy had put down the gravel screenings and put the mats down for me. There were only a couple of places locally that carried them and TS had the best price with delivery. They are the 4 X 6 inch heavy ones. Don't bother with anything light; the horses (even minis) will make them shift around.

I got mine at Tractor Supply also.

My farrier told me to drill a hole in the corner of stall mats. Makes them easier to move 'cause you can hook on to them with something (like a bale hook) and drag them. Haven't had to move mine, but you can bet I'll do that when I want/need to. Thought it sounded like a great idea cause those suckers are killers to move around.

My farrier told me to drill a hole in the corner of stall mats. Makes them easier to move 'cause you can hook on to them with something (like a bale hook) and drag them. Haven't had to move mine, but you can bet I'll do that when I want/need to. Thought it sounded like a great idea cause those suckers are killers to move around.
Two giant c clamps on two of the corners give you a set of handles to drag them and them, and can be removed without any damage to the mats.

Jen-

We got ours at Tractor Supply when they had the 10% coupon, but we also got some from the Blue Seal Store in Windham. The prices are about the same. You can also check out Brooks Feed in Brunswick.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Back