Stall Doors for minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn R

Reaction score
I am looking for stall door ideas. I wanted something they can see through or over. I have seen the stall gaurds for large horses, but they are approx. $100+ each. Someone on here has some very nice framed black welded wire fronts that look to be 4x4 dog kennel panels that have been adapted for this use(can't find the post to see who it was,
default_sad.png
)

Anyhow, I am looking for doors to fit a 4ft opening, and was wondering who has some handy solutions or who has made ones they would like to share.

Thanks guys.

default_saludando.gif
Hi! If I can remeber to do it when I get home I will take pictures of my new stalls that I made.......

I don't have a picture at the moment, but I use a "regular" aluminum fence gate with mesh on the bottom half. I originally used rabbit wire for the mesh, but found out later you can buy the gate with a small mesh already installed. They're available at Tractor Supply, and similar places I would guess. I like how they can see through, and allows good ventilation around the floor of the stall. Good luck finding something that works well for you.
default_smile.png

Hi,

We use chain link fence gates that you can usually buy anywhere at sales or the hardware store and they come in different sizes, heights and colours and are ready to install. The horses can see thru no matter how tall they are and they are well put together and I have never had one break thru them.

Here is a picture of the doors I use, I got them from the Valley Supply catalog, they work great
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back