Stall Curtains

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MindyLee

Reaction score
I always see some really nice stall curtains when I go to local shows BUT see even nicer ones in pics from nationals and worlds. I was wanting to see examples of what you have for curtains and even stall covers or designed banners for your farms/horses names that you display at shows. I also was wondering if you made them yourself or where/who made yours and how much roughly did they cost?

THANKS!!!

You can google (can't you google everything LOL) stall curtains. Many of the ones at nationals/Worlds are canvas or cordura nylon. They are fairly expensive, but look great.

I made mine out of rip stop nylon (blue and silver at Midland) and they were very easy to do. The tough part is finding an embroidery person, and if you are interested, pm me and I can give you the name of a reasonable place here in Midland that does beautiful embroidery.

Many quality stall curtains are made by a company called Radon. They are out of New Prague, Minnesota. Lots of the top Horse farms, of any breed, use this company. i bought mine from them and they are the BEST!! One never has to worry about tears, they always look good, and a good rinse with a hose is all they need to clean them.

I would highly recommend Cloud Nine. Their website is www.welcometocloudnine.com. I believe Belinda had mentioned them on here before, which is why I went there. They are the highest quality and very easy to work with. I sent them my sketch for the logo and they helped modify it. They are expensive but the curtains are very strong and heavy. A good high quality curtain is so much easier to put up and really make a difference. I will look for some pictures and post them if I can find some.

I made my curtains. They are not as heavy duty as most but they won't wrinkle (polyester) and can be thrown in the washing machine. I also made them with velcro strips that go over the top of the stall so I don't have to put up heavy 2x4s. I also appliquéd our farm sign and I painted the picture on the chair.

DSCF0871.jpg

I need to get a life!

Last edited by a moderator:
Schnieder saddlery has them for a very resonable price. Them you can have the valance and the name banner embroidered with your farm name and or Logo. They look very nice and are very inexpensive.

Joy

I eventually want to get professionally done stall drapes, but for this year we are making ours, because we are sleeping in our stall. Can someone tell me how long the top (open) area of the stall is at Nationals? We will only be putting them on the top to keep out light and "peekers"...LOL!
default_biggrin.png

You might want to keep the top covers on because the barns are full of pigeons who have VERY accurate aim, if you get my drift!
default_biggrin.png

Plus they don't ever turn the barn lights off.

I don't know the size, sorry

Hi, We ordered from Schneiders and are really happy with them. You can see our set up on facebook, go to Rosemill Training and our photos, sorry, there a ALOT of photos but you'll see the way we had set up for the Midland, MI show. For Nationals we'll do more decorating. And, I don't wash ours, we "blow" them off to clear the dust and then hang on hangers or pack in a trunk, I was worried about fading. Schneiders has a variety of colors and ship out pretty fast.

Kay

I eventually want to get professionally done stall drapes, but for this year we are making ours, because we are sleeping in our stall. Can someone tell me how long the top (open) area of the stall is at Nationals? We will only be putting them on the top to keep out light and "peekers"...LOL!
default_biggrin.png
You'll need between 3 and 4' long to cover the "bars" of the stalls so just make it simple and pick 4' or 48". The stall walls are between 7 and 8' tall and the most stalls are around 10' square. The floors are concrete. And yes you'll want something over the top if you're sleeping there. A "kitchen fly" tent top 10 x10 works well or you can use a tarp but then you shut off all air circulation (so bring fans). You do need something because the birds definitely will decorate for you if you don't.

Ours are Radon and must be about 15 years old now. They get washed once or twice a year. We've done 6 to 15 shows per year. They still look like new.

Charlotte

Back