St. Patricks Day Parades?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horse-A-Holic

Reaction score
Hi! Just wondering if any one else out there is planning on participating in their local parade Wednesday?

We try to do as many of our local parades as possible.

My husband and I are part of a miniature horse club, so we have a pretty good turn out usually.

The public loves to see them, and the minis seem to really enjoy getting all "gussied up", and soak up all the attention.

It is also a really great way to get your horses exposed to new things!

We will have a buckboard wagon decorated with a big rainbow ending in a pot of gold, and then lead a few minis decorated to look like the little leprechaun's as well.

My husband came up with a great idea to make beards for them! He is also printing us some, Irish green, custom t shirts to wear with "kiss a mini, Irish or not!" on them. So it should be pretty fun....

St_Patties_Design.gif

I am going to post pictures from the parade, would like to see others do the same! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I go no where on St. Patty's Day. As I have the luck of the Irish (being of Irish decent) and if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. The last St. Patty's day I went out, I was leaving work and got in a bad car accident and had to have neck surgery. You could also look at it as the glass half full because if I had been driving the Feiro I had I would have been killed. I am gonna stay home and make my world famous Corned beef and Cabbage with New Red Potato's.

my 16 year old grandson and i will be participating in the sapadapaso parade in cedar rapids, iowa. i put green horse blankets, leg wraps, halters, and lead ropes on the horses. the parade usually has a minimum of 100 units. this year is it's 35th anniversary.

I go no where on St. Patty's Day. As I have the luck of the Irish (being of Irish decent) and if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all. The last St. Patty's day I went out, I was leaving work and got in a bad car accident and had to have neck surgery. You could also look at it as the glass half full because if I had been driving the Feiro I had I would have been killed. I am gonna stay home and make my world famous Corned beef and Cabbage with New Red Potato's.
default_sad.png
EEESH! I guess I would stay home too. Hope you are well healed by now, sorry to hear about that!

So what time is dinner? Sounds fantastic!
default_laugh.png

my 16 year old grandson and i will be participating in the sapadapaso parade in cedar rapids, iowa. i put green horse blankets, leg wraps, halters, and lead ropes on the horses. the parade usually has a minimum of 100 units. this year is it's 35th anniversary.
Wow, sounds like a pretty big parade! We are in a pretty small rural area, Kalispell Montana.

The parades are a big deal, but not that big...

I think that 4th of July,the County Fair, and Christmas parades attract more participants than St. Patick's, but it will be fun to get out and do after being cooped up all winter!

Post some pictures, after the parade, if you can. Would love to see them.

I live 20 minutes from Downpatrick (where st Patrick is buried ) but we don't go, I think you guys do more celebrating than we do here !

Happy St paddys Day !

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, a parade at this time of year in Montana! I'd think it would still be too cold to stand around outdoors (which is what always happens to us at parades). Hope you post pictures of your wagon et al. By the way love your user name Horse a Holic ---this describes many of us, I think --as for your name, Cassandra --well that's my daughter's name too. You're a favorite person already. LOL

I am posting these for "kaycee"!

stpattysdayparade2010001.jpg

stpattysdayparade2010002.jpg

stpattysdayparade2010.jpg

stpattysdayparade2010004.jpg

stpattysdayparade2010005.jpg

stpattysdayparade2010006.jpg

stpattysdayparade2010009.jpg

stpattysdayparade2010012.jpg

default_saludando.gif
Well here are just a couple from the St. Patrick's Day Parade, it is kind of difficult to get pictures of all of us together, we had to just ask random strangers to snap one while we were waiting for the parade to start...

We lucked out with the weather, it had been snowing at our place earlier in the day... But we were able to show off our "Kiss a Mini" tees that my hubby made from our t shirt printing shop.com, just put an extra layer under for some warmth! (and yes, the minis did receive quite a few good wet ones!
default_biggrin.png
)

It was cool, and fairly windy, but we sure had a lot of fun!!! (luckily it is usually quite a bit warmer in town)

The crowd really thought the beards our minis were wearing were great, and the rainbow on the buck board even stayed together in the wind.

I think it turned out to be one of the funnest parades we've done yet!

After wards we went to one of our favorite local restaurants and enjoyed some live bagpipe music (it was really good!) and had some corned beef and cabbage.

It was a great way to end the day....

THANK YOU Maple Hollow Farm for all your pictures!
default_aktion033.gif

P1020839.JPG

P1020840.JPG

St%20Patties%20Design.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back