Spruce Meadows update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon_c21

Reaction score
Well I thought I would update ya'll on the chronicals of my spruce meadows life since I have a few minutes! Since I got back on Jan 12 after my little visit from home I came to quite a suprize. I was promoted!!! It is the chance of a lifetime. When I got back I found out I was not a groom anymore but a trainer! I was moved to the other barn where I got my own groom who some of you may know, Stacy.I kept one of Kevins horses Fragaria the 3 year old who I have been making leaps and bounds on. I am now riding him for about an hour a day and we are doing trot poles and starting to canter the whole arena. I also got Ronaldo II who is owned by Jonathan Asslin, who is 17.3 hands and has one huge stride. I looked like a rag doll atop him! I also got another 2 1/2 year old who I got on for the first time and progressed to trotting her around and following another horse in the big arena. I also had an 7 year old mare who was jumping 3.6 but was sold so I only had her for a few weeks. And near the end of my term in that barn I had stanly also another 3 year old. Just a week and a half ago I was moved back into East Meadows and am now doing a full time apprenticeship under Albert Kley. I am learning so much and getting to ride some of his horses is absolulty more that I could have ever imagened. I even got to ride his grand Prix horse Daquari. At this time with the shows starting thursday I warm up Alberts horses and then he rides and I set jumpes for the whole group. I learn so much from what he has to say. I still can't believe I have been given this oppurtunity to learn from all the trainers I work with. I was given this promotion above Alberts groom who had been riding under him for 2 years! I will have to get some pictures of all my horses for you all to see. Albert said it wouldn't be long till I was out there competing under spruce colors so I am so excited. I have worked so hard for this and never dreamed something like theis could happen to a little country girl like me who had hardly rode english before! I still miss grooming for Kevin since I was learning so much from him but I still ride with him every day and he is one of my best friends and Rachael is like the sister I never had. Well i better let you guys go. Happy trails

Shannon

Congratulations! Way to go!!!! :aktion033: Sounds like things are going wonderful for you! I love your updates. Keep them coming! :aktion033: Please tell Stacey that I said hello! :saludando:

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

:new_shocked: Oh my Goodness! That's quite an accomplishment for you, and especially in such a short time that you have been there! GOOD FOR YOU!!! Keep up the hard work gal...you're going places!! :aktion033:

Oh, congratulations!
default_smile.png

Say hi to Stacey for nootka and wish her well.

Continued best wishes, sounds like you are really on your way!

Liz M.

WOW lucky you that is a dream job for so many. I am confused as I thought stacy wasnt there anymore I thought she hated it but glad to see that changed. As for you - you should be so proud of yourself and continue to cherish all you are getting to do and learn :aktion033:

Hey
default_smile.png

Glad things are going well!

I am confused as I thought stacy wasnt there anymore I thought she hated it but glad to see that changed.
Stacey left because Sitka was in foal, she wanted to be back with her after what happened the year before with the foal. She went back in September (I think thats when it was).

For all of you who said to say hi to Stacey, I'll do that for you all, but she's not at Spruce anymore.

Her back got screwed up (joints) and she couldn't do the work there anymore. She's back in Salmon Arm for a month or so, and then she'll be moving back to Alberta to start at Imprint Miniatures in Okotoks sometime in April.

Last edited by a moderator:
How lucky you are! Never forget you are living a dream come true. Congratulations, super news. :aktion033:

Just wanted to say thanks for all the nice comments. Yes Stacy left last week. She was actually my groom for a few weeks!

Shannon

Latest posts

Back