Southfork Dispersal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephanie

Reaction score
I know some of you went to the Southfork Dispersal Sale and was wondering what you thought of it. Did anyone take a picture of NFC Reverend Steve? Do you know what he sold for?

Please tell me all about it.

I just bought a mare that should be delivered on Saturday or Sunday and she is by Reverend Steve. Her picture was taken a couple days before she foaled this year. She is a 1994 model. I can hardly wait to see her in person.

kcnew.jpg

Thanks,

Stephanie

I didn't go to the sale, but I, too, would love to hear the results.

Congratulations on your new mare! I've been admiring that picture of her and now I know who got her! Lucky you!

I went but forgot my camera and didn't stay to see the horses sell. The auction started at 2 pm but they sold so much junk first that the horses didn't sell until late afternoon. I did see Reverend Steve, your soon to be mare is alot more refined looking than he was. Nice horse but hard to tell what he really looked like since he wasn't clipped and he was fat. I did hear the prices were funny, color sold high papers or not, I think the high selling horse was a weanling pintaloosa filly with no papers for $3100. The National Champion mare they had went for $1000. Some were priced lower, some ok. Solid color horses of course were cheaper. The breeding program was an old one, most of the horses were the older heavier built horses. I'm sure under all that hair there were some nice horses but it was hard to tell.

Congrats on your new mare

I talked to Ronnie Clifton who managed the sale and asked specifically about NFC LA Egyptian King's Magnificent Obsession. The reason she sold so low was that she is eighteen years old and has only had one foal registered, and it was fourteen years ago. She is one of my favorite King daughters and if I had been there, I probably would have taken a chance on her, but unfortunately, wasn't there.

My horse NFC Egyptian Kings Halim is a full brother to Magnificient Obsession.He is only 29.5 inches tall&we call him BIG DADDY.You can see him on my web site at www.knollacfarm.com .I think he looks a lot like his sire. Since I have had no luck selling him as a stallion he will be getting his gears changed on Dec 6 unless somebody comes along before then&saves him from the knife..When I started looking into getting a Mini in 1986 I knew I wanted an Egyptian King son.I was lucky enough to visit NFC in TX and see both King&Rowdy.Many years later I got my King son and later bought a mare bred to a Rowdy son.Wish I had gone to the sale, but I'm maxed out on horses for a while.

Hey Stephanie...

I love this mare.... have been looking at her for quite a while on the site and if I wasn't trying to intensify my Overo program I would love to have had her. The Reverend Steve babies tend to be moving machines and if this mare moves like she looks, wow....
new_shocked.gif

Oh... I also got your email this morning and will reply as quickly as I can. From the first glance, though... I like what I see....

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Latest posts

Back