SOS Ranch Heritage sale/ Auction

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvf

Reaction score
I hope this is ok to post, I know there are quite a few forum members that attend this sale.

I just heard today that there are some location changes to the SOS Heritage Sale in Mitchell S.D. ... For the Friday and Saturday auctions, the location has changed to Platte, S.D.

(Miniatures sell on Saturday
default_aktion033.gif

Please check the website for more information.

SOS Ranch Heritage Sale

So, who all is attending? We aren't selling, but we are bringing the trailer just in case.
default_biggrin.png

Where is Platte, SD? Any closer to Minneapolis? I know it is a LONG drive for us.

We might come, not looking to buy, but would like to go to have a chance to visit with everybody that we haven't seen all winter.

Just be careful after the outbreak that happened at the Wisteria sale, some may drop the horses off there for resale after what happened. Just be cautios if buying.

Would be fun to attend but im on the other side of the country
default_smile.png
I wouldn't worry about that. This is a well-run "catalog" sale and not a "crud" sale where anyone can drive up and drop off their junk to sell. Horses need to be pre-consigned. Unfortunately I cannot go this year -- though I used to go EVERY year for many years. Great place to deal with a raging case of Cabin Fever and get together with all the friends....and possibly bring home some great horses. Several of my favorite mares came from there!

Just be careful after the outbreak that happened at the Wisteria sale

Leeana sorry to correct you but that was the Winters Breeders sale... NOT Wisteria... I am sure Monette does not want to take the wrap for that one..
default_ohnoes.jpg
default_ohnoes.jpg

I stopped going to the Stock show many years ago for this very reason. What are we thinking in the middle of Winter , we take these horses, clip them to the Skin, then take them out in the cold air, :DOH! ,, because believe those barns say climate controlled and they are , WHATEVER THE CLIMATE IS OUTSIDE IT IS THE SAME INSIDE...
default_wacko.png
I ALWAYS CAME HOME WITH SICK HORSES and you know what I just blamed myself for not being smarter at that time of the year.. You strip your clothes off and take a run around the block 2 or 3 times and see what happens...
default_wacko.png
Ok off my soap box....

And I hope everyone on here just uses good common sense and please don't go into panic mode.. Disinfect , vaccinate, don't let horses rub noses with your neighbors and I think things will calm down.. I know it is awful to go to a show and come back with sick horses, but that is a chance we ALL take when we put these horses in a trailer and take them ANYWHERE , and not only a show or sale, but Parades, clinics , to the Vet !!

If you just practice some precautions everything should be ok,, Not saying that sometimes , you know what just happens :arg! because it does no matter who you are are how much you do....

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery and happy showing in 08'..

I wish I was going. There are a couple of mares I would LOVE to have! Don't think I'll make it though.
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back