Sorry I think I asked this before

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
Sorry I think that I have asked this before.......and can't remember, but can someone tell me what kind of bird this may be? It is a lovely song bird here in Minnesota. I blew the photo up a bit. Not sure how to describe the color, not red, not brown, kind of a reddish brown? I would say it is a tad bit bigger than a robin, a tad bit longer too
default_wacko.png
Thanks!
default_smile.png

blowup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure it is a Thrush. A little flegling flew out of a bush right into the car grill the other day. We quickly stopped but it was killed. I was so upset
default_no.gif

Whatbird.com is good for figuring out birds. Its kinda hard to navigate at first, but once you figure it out, its great. Go to the search box about 1/2 way down. There you choose what to search for first, you'll see the list is long. As you choose other search options, color, wing type, size etc, the search list shrinks. I havent found a better site, so if someone has one, holler!

Yeah it could be a thrasher or a thrush, there are small differences. The trasher is about 11" long and has a smaller yellow eye and the thrush is only about 8" long and has a large dark or black eye.

Becky this bird does look like it could be a brown thrasher with that long tail and beck.. The Thasher is steaked on the underside and the thush has spots.

Thush are not as secretive and you will see them near the edges of woods in populated areas. Thrashers are very reclusive and you will rarely see them, if you live in a heavily wooded area thrashers can be seen on the ground looking through leaves and such for insects.

Good luck with your bird watching.

Latest posts

Back