Sorry guys, I really need a shoulder to cry on.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniforFaith

Reaction score
I just really need to talk about what happened tonight, as I have been crying for about an hr now.. I know you guys remember my sister with her drug problem.. Well she did get fired from her drs. office she worked for. I prayed that would wake her up. No such case.. I only have my dad, as mom died 5 yrs ago. My sister still lives at home with dad.. And he has had 4 strokes and is 79, so his mind isn't the same..

Well I noticed last night she sounded "off" again. She called my son this morning when i was at work, and he picked up on it.. So I tried calling all evening to see when Easter dinner is tomorrow and to hear how bad she was. No answer. So I hopped in the car and went to see her. She was really messed up again. My dad was in taking his bath.(The night she overdosed, dad said she was fine and just sleeping, but she was almost not breathing, so that is how much my dad can't see it) So I told her it was the drugs or us and if she wasn't better by tomorrow, that my kids do not need to see her like that, that we would stay home.. I was so mad when I left..
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif
I called my older sister and told her that if Lora didn't straighten out, that we wouldn't be at dad's. So the older sister took it upon herself to call 911.. So when the police came, my dad called me and Fth me out..(I was out in the barn with the mini's and didn't even hear the call and had no idea what the oldest sister did..) He said that she was fine, he was tired of me starting trouble and said he didn't want anything to do with me anymore.. MY oldest sister called, not me.. And now, she is lying and saying I told her to do it.. So now, everyone isn't talking to me, and I didn't even do anything. I am not asking for pitty, just really need to get this off of my chest.. My dad is so important to me, as he is all I have left.. And now, he doesn't want to even see me. I know he means it too, because he is very unforgiving.. Hubby has to work tomorrow, so I will be here with the kids by myself.. I don't even have a ham or anything to make us a dinner.. Hubby won't let me go to Walmart to get one, as he says I am to much of a mess to go anywhere. And I can't tomorrow, he will have the car at work.. My in laws are in Fla., so we can't even go there.. This will be a bad Easter for the kids..
default_no.gif
NO Grandparents, or family.. Just me and hubby.. So sorry to ramble on, but I have been fighting off a panic attack, and thought it would help to talk about it to someone..

What can I do to make it a little better for the kids?? My son is 13 and is so fed up with my sister.. And now, I will probably have to quit my job, as I now have no one to watch the kids for me.. Happy Easter to me..
default_crybaby.gif

Wow, I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. It hurts when other people are selfish and it has such bad effects on those around them. I am praying that your sisters will both be responsible here and your dad can understand the truth. I hope you have a wonderful Easter even if it is just you, your husband, and the kids.

I am so sorry this is happening right now. Hang in there and try to make the best of Easter tomorrow. The most important thing is that you will all be together tomorrow.

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry sweetie!
default_no.gif
You know what I think... If you need to talk, call please you know I'm always here for you. I'm heading to bed for tonight and I won't be available until after 5 (your time) tomorrow (cell doesn't get service at my aunt-in-laws)... I'm gonna call you on our way home from aunt-in-laws tomorrow! Please hang in there... there's nothing that you can do, you know that... Your sister isn't going to be happy till she hurts herself and everyone else to the point of no return. As for your older sister... well,
default_shutup.gif
Not going there!

(((HUGS))) Give the kids my love too... Try to have a Happy Easter!
default_wub.png
I'll call tomorrow...

You are doing the right thing for your kids, and that's what's most important! I'm assuming that your father has some reliance on your sister, so he's probably going to believe what she tells him. But I bet he also loves his grandchildren dearly, so while I understand how hurt you are, I'm sure you'll get things cleared up. The funny thing is you are trying to protect your kids, and it sounds like he's still trying to protect his too. If your son understands what's happening with his aunt, then I bet he will also understand your decision. Even if it's just you guys on Easter, at least they will feel loved and safe--better that they have a memory of that one silly Easter when they had hot dogs/mac&cheese/hamburger helper than one of their family fighting or their aunt being ill. You're a great mom! That's what really matters!

(((HUGS))) I'm sorry sweetie!
default_no.gif
You know what I think... If you need to talk, call please you know I'm always here for you. I'm heading to bed for tonight and I won't be available until after 5 (your time) tomorrow (cell doesn't get service at my aunt-in-laws)... I'm gonna call you on our way home from aunt-in-laws tomorrow! Please hang in there... there's nothing that you can do, you know that... Your sister isn't going to be happy till she hurts herself and everyone else to the point of no return. As for your older sister... well,
default_shutup.gif
Not going there!

(((HUGS))) Give the kids my love too... Try to have a Happy Easter!
default_wub.png
I'll call tomorrow...
Tiff,

Thanks so much!!! I know, she won't be happy until she soes something that then it will be to late.. I'll be home all day, just if is is nice, might go out and work with the mini's.. You take care and give the boys a hug from me!!
default_wub.png
Happy Easter to all of you too, and eat some ham for me too.
default_rolleyes.gif

You are doing the right thing for your kids, and that's what's most important! I'm assuming that your father has some reliance on your sister, so he's probably going to believe what she tells him. But I bet he also loves his grandchildren dearly, so while I understand how hurt you are, I'm sure you'll get things cleared up. The funny thing is you are trying to protect your kids, and it sounds like he's still trying to protect his too. If your son understands what's happening with his aunt, then I bet he will also understand your decision. Even if it's just you guys on Easter, at least they will feel loved and safe--better that they have a memory of that one silly Easter when they had hot dogs/mac&cheese/hamburger helper than one of their family fighting or their aunt being ill. You're a great mom! That's what really matters!
Thank you to you to!! I am trying to do what is best for them.. And my son really wants nothing to do with her.. I was thinking, starting a new Easter fad-- either Spaghetti pie or Fried Chicken!! :DOH!

I am sorry you are going through all this. But I can't help but feel that you children are the most important thing in you life and it seems that you have done all the right things to protect them. Obviously your father and sister have their own issues, hopefully your father will realize that you sister does have a serious problem and that you are not the problem. Good luck.-give you children a big hug!!!!

This might be just what you need. No honestly some times it takes a kick in the teeth to get us to move forward.

If your sister is as bad as you say she is she should not be watching your children. Is your oldest 13? Can he babysit? Call friends, call your church, ask the school, some where in your area there is some one that can help watch your children that is not on drugs. Maybe another mother you can swap child care with. What ever you do, do not leave them with some one you know uses drugs. EVER even for a few minutes.

As for Easter, it does not matter what you eat. Find a new Easter tradition. Go for a walk looking for spring, invite some one else that will be alone over, place a call to a friend you have not talk to in years. Bake a cake.

Whatever you do you will be with your children and that is all that matters.

default_saludando.gif
Hi!

I am very sorry to hear what you are having to deal with...... I know it's VERY hard to deal with that and with the kids!

But you DID do the right thing!! That is just too bad your father is like that.... and your sisters are also like that..........

You just need to take care of yourself and your family! You know what is best as hard as that is...... You are the "sain" rational person and it will all have a way of working out.......

You should be proud of yourself for standing up to what you know was the right thing to do......

Go out there and HUG your minis and be very thankful for you and your family!
default_yes.gif

Happy Easter!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. You have to rember that you dad doesn't understnad alot anymore since his strokes. Strokes do alot to a persons brain. Trust me I know. My dad has had a major heart attack and some mini strokes. I live with my parents to help them out. My dad is always making things up and forgetting things. Keep in mind thatr maybe your dad shouldn't be living with her. If she were to overdose again and he has a stroke it would be a bad combo. That said I hope yopu and the kids find a new tradition for Easter. I garee go for a walk to look for signs of Spring, and take the horses with you. Play some board games, eat popcorn for lunch and watch movies. I want to send you guys something, obviously it won't be there for today, but it would give you guys something to look forward to. Keep your head up and think of your kids. Things will get better.

Christy

This might be just what you need. No honestly some times it takes a kick in the teeth to get us to move forward.

If your sister is as bad as you say she is she should not be watching your children. Is your oldest 13? Can he babysit? Call friends, call your church, ask the school, some where in your area there is some one that can help watch your children that is not on drugs. Maybe another mother you can swap child care with. What ever you do, do not leave them with some one you know uses drugs. EVER even for a few minutes.

As for Easter, it does not matter what you eat. Find a new Easter tradition. Go for a walk looking for spring, invite some one else that will be alone over, place a call to a friend you have not talk to in years. Bake a cake.

Whatever you do you will be with your children and that is all that matters.
My oldest sister has been watching them since my sister overdosed. They were going to my dad's when I had to work. So, my oldest sister, which is no prize either, but she doesn't have drug or any issues has been coming to my house to watch them as they aren't allowed down there.(Long story short, she has over 15 inside dogs and none are house broken so they aren't going there for all the germs.) I am really of thinking of letting Jamie watch Faith. He just can be the typical boy and forgets about her.. Thanks again for your reply. The walk sounds like a good idea..
default_yes.gif

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I do not blame your father though, he is old and probably can't see it., or doesn't want to see it. She (your sister) is obviously not the one who should be taking care of him. He needs to be in assisted living, if he can't take care of himself, or with you or your older sister. Which now after reading your last post, the oldest sister doesn't sound like a solution either.

It's a bummer this all happened on Easter. Things will cool down and hopefully your sister will get herself some help.....you can always go out to eat....that's what we're doing. Most restaruants are open on Easter!

((hugs))

Jodie,

I am so sorry for the situation. But overall, your priority is correct. It's your children. Hopefully in time your dad will open his eyes and see the truth.

Blessings.

Jodie...thinking of you today and hope you, your husband and children have a GREAT day. Life (and family) certainly throws us curves at times.....but you're spending the day with the ones who count most. The rest of it will work itself out....or not....but there's only so much you can do to help those who don't care enough to help themselves.

Doesn't make the day any easier right now, but you did the right thing. Your kids - and yourself - have to be your priority. Your kids will learn something valuable from this, ie. that sometimes taking the difficult path is the right thing to do. I hope your sister wakes up and takes control of her addiction, but it's an ugly disease and as you know, has to be her own doing. Take care of your self, and have a good day with your kids in spite of it all.

Jan

Just an update: My Easter was a total bomb.. The drugo sister has only made things worse. I just don't think I can take much more. Now it will be my fault that my dad didn't get to see the kids on Easter and if something is to happen to him, I have that on my head.. The older sister said i put her up to calling 911, now my father does not want me around at all.. And the neighbor was invited over for dinner, and I just got off the phone with her. She said she had to leave, because of how bad they were bad mouthing me. She knows what kind of person I am, and it tore her up to hear them talk about me like that.. I didn't think it could get any worse, but it did.. I am just glad we did stay home as the stoner was messed up, and my children come first and they did not need to see it.(But she wasn't stoned, she told everyone it was because of me that she was such a mess..) But just hearing everything that "My so called family" said about me has really put me in a very upset, hurt and into a major depression..Geeze with a family like this, who needs enimies??? I am off to the barn, to go cry with my mini's again..If I don't post in a while, I think I am going to turn into a turttle and go into my shell. This is just way to much for me to even try to understand right now.. But just wanted to say thanks to all of you that posted all of the postive responses.

default_no.gif
I am so sorry for all your pain. Please know that my prayers are there for you and your family. We all care and are just a click away. (((((HUGS))))) to you from Mississippi!

God bless,

Joan

Jodie, if something were to happen to your dad now and he didn't get to see your kids again, that is NOT your fault. Your first priority is your children, and you did the right thing to say that if things didn't change with your sister you wouldn't be going there for dinner today. Your kids do NOT need to see your sister in that kind of shape, and please don't fall for her excuse that it was your fault she was in that condition today. I think you know she'd have been in that condition even if things didn't go down as they did yesterday and you and your family did go there today!

You cannot stop your sisters from blaming you for their mistakes, but don't allow yourself to feel guilty--don't ever believe that their mistakes are your fault. Also tell the neighbor that in future you don't want to hear from her what your family is saying about your behind your back. You do not need to hear that. There is no value or benefit in knowing what they are saying. You cannot change them, and shouldn't frustrate and upset yourself by trying.

Believe in yourself Jodie! You've got your husband and your 2 lovely children and you can build happy family traditions with them. Don't let your sisters or anyone else drag you down. I know it's tough to give up on family, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Dear Jodie,

You can't have your foot in two places at the same time. Your priority is your family, building a strong loving happy family and keeping your foot in the mud that your poor sister is sloshing around isn't going to accomplish that task. What you feel right now is grief. You are feeling down because you are grieving about your sister and worst your Dad. You have to get that one foot out of the mud and move on with building YOUR very own precious family who will not have to worry about drugs and that sort of mean spirit. Remember as Easter is past... your #1 real father and who he is... who he is to all of us. Take comfort in your real father... not the caretaker that you call your Dad. Your Dad.. obviously needs your love and support, but from a distance, until he knows he needs you in his life.

I tell the kids, the devil is a braggart.. and when someone doesn't tell the truth, the devil will certainly brag that he got someone to lie and eventually the truth will come out. Maybe not in your time, but it will come out. God knows.

I'm not always the church going type, but it was a great comfort to me that I went to church on Easter. Hubby is having some emotional problems and it's very stressful at home. I feel like I lost my best friend. He has alot of anger about something that happened at his job.. (military) and he's leaving for Africa in a few weeks and will be gone for awhile. For some reason, it's all my fault. And when it's not my fault, I'm still an easy target for his anger... (verbal). Doesn't make for the best day.

But I did have a lovely morning at church on Easter and it did my heart good to see the kids happy and enjoying sunday school.

We gotta count our blessing... girlfriend.

God Bless You even more,

Lynn W

Latest posts

Back