Sometimes it's a blessing when things don't happen

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandmaC

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why I am sharing this here, maybe there's a message in it for someone.

Maybe it's for those of us who may at times get upset or impatient when things don't go as you want and as planned.

Today we got a blessing in disguise. We're suppose to be opening up a fabric shop in my town in May.

Found the perfect place, great foot traffic, etc but the man needed to go out of town and is due back Feb. 1 and we're suppose to get together

to sign the lease then.

Today I received an email from a lady who was to help me with a project last year and must of kept my email.

It was an announcement of her opening a quilt/fabric shop next month
new_shocked.gif
I had NO idea!

Now I can't really say I am disappointed, my husband felt (even though I had someone to run it) that between home, our dog rescue, our other business and now mini's I was biting off more than I should. Maybe I was, I've just always believed life is to be lived and there will be plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead.
yes.gif
Had I not gotten this email after Feb 1st I would of signed a $1,200 a month two year lease and been in direct competition with another new store.

It's a small town here. I'm not disappointed and it will allow more time and money for other things (like granddaughters and mini's)

It's just a reminder to me, that sometimes it's a blessing when things don't happen either fast enough or at all. Because usually there's a reason and

something else is around the corner, like .......maybe.........
smile.gif
Having fun spending more time with the granddaughters, going to and watching shows this summer and driving some mini's. Thank you Lord for saving me from myself and for that man going out of town before I signed a 2 yr lease worth over $28,000.

Thank you for letting me share.

PS: We'd been planning this for a year and been looking for the right property for nearly 4 months.

Yet, I am not disappointed, weird ey?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sometimes the Lord do move in Mysterious ways & he just maybe gave you an OUT so you can have more family-mini and fun time. Life isn't always about work sometimes it's about slowing down and smelling the poo
default_wacko.png
! You will have alot to do when those minis arrive and getting organized for that takes some planning.
default_yes.gif

So glad things worked out for you for the best.

I believe sometimes we want more than what we need.. God Bless

Latest posts

Back