somebody please help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryann

Reaction score
I just washed this little Jenny yearling my brother in law wanted clipped. She is so thin. Its late March ,

My thoughts are its just too early to clip the little girl if at all. As I have never had a donkey I am still pleading

with the experts to help me out here. Can someone please please please give me some advise
default_unsure.png
:

I don't want to do anything that would not be good for her. mary ann

I'm not an expert but I wouldn't clip your donkey at this time of year. What if you get a cold snap? Last spring, my first with my boy, he shed on his own. Serious brushing was needed as he looked funny but I didn't need to clip him. I'd wait if you have to clip. Maybe someone with more experience can suggest?

chico

I never clip anything until May/June when I know it is going to stay warm, I may do a head and neck but never a full body unless you have a blanket and can blanket it her when they temps drop down.

Thank you both so much. With your advice and the little voice in my head telling me

this just don't feel right I have decided not to clip her. My brother in law saw some clipped

at the aution and they did look nice. He liked the clipped look. However this little girl

is pretty thin and so young, I just don't think now is a good time to even consider it. I really appreciate

your comments. It has really helped. You donkey guys are as great as the horse guys. LOL. :aktion033:

Thanks so much . You have saved one little Jenny from some cold evenings. maryann

i'm a little late chiming in but i agree, don't clip her. just tell your brother-in-law that she is just a baby and he will have to wait till she is older! he can spend a lot of time grooming her and that will help them bond
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back