Some new photos of Erica's Worth The Big City Bucks..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniapp

Reaction score
Just wanted to share a couple of new photos that Erica sent us of my sister's Big City baby that she purchased from Erica earlier this year... Erica's Worth The Big City Bucks... :bgrin ! I am getting my National Journal ad together for of the client horses I will be taking and of course wanted to add "the kid"! LOL! Erica was kind enough to take some updated photos of him... and I am very pleased with how he is maturing...
default_yes.gif
:

I will be picking him up from Erica at the Nationals... and I am really looking forward to that! Thanks for letting me share..!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

eeaf8051.jpg

eeaf8042.jpg

(almost lost him in the grass there...
default_rolleyes.gif
: LOL!)

Oh my, what a handsome little boy! :new_shocked:

WOW AND WOW AGAIN!!! What a stunning cremello/perlino. His head is absolutely awesome, with those huge huge eyes, and sculptured ARABIAN head. My kinda horse. Oh, and I don't want to forget that super long and shapely show neck of his. Way to go Erica and also to your sister, who has keen eyesight for horses! He is just superb.

He is just gorgeous! I loved him the first time Erica posted his picture, I knew he was special!

How elegant! Congrats once again on such a beautiful new addition.

Hi Suzy,

My Hubby was down at Erica's last weekend, and had nothing but praise about your beautiful boy! He said that he was the friendliest, sweetest little horse you would ever find!
default_wub.png
: He also said that Big City was the finest stud he'd ever seen too, he was extremely friendly, and protected his babies like a true herd stallion. If your little one turns out anything like his Daddy, you are in for one hellaciously nice horse!
default_thumbup.gif
:

Mike said that walking through Erica's herds is AMAZING! Each and every horse is gorgeous, well mannered, and a joy to be around! He really enjoyed his time down there! And Erica and her family are just the nicest people you could ever meet! I guess I am lucky that he came back home after the fun he had down there!
default_wink.png
: Maybe next time, I can go too!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on your Special Boy!!!

Nancy & Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone...
default_smile.png
When my sister and I decided to switch to a primarily dilute based program we were looking for a special horse to fill the bill. After looking at many, many outstanding individuals, we had narrowed our search down to two colts... then Erica emailed me when this one was foaled. I loved him from the first "unfolded" photos that I saw of him.. and knew that he was "the one"...

I have followed with great interest Erica's breeding program for quite a while and she is set to become a "major player" in the miniature industry.
default_yes.gif
: I am very honored to not only own one of Big City's babies... I am VERY honored to own the very first one... :bgrin I will be carefully planning his career, both in the show pen and breeding shed... for many years to come.

Thanks again!!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

I am so glad "Mr. Bucks" is going to such a great home - Suzy and Janie I know are going to spoil him rotten......

He has grown up so quick, now over 4 months old and approaching weaning age in not the too distance future, I still remember when I was up at college and got the call and the following picture that Big City's first foal was on the ground and my first Bandito grandbaby as well (as Mr. Bucks' dam is a Bandito daughter)

f05aef64.jpg

Here are a few more I like of him.....taken straight out of pasture, first time he has had the halter on.......though you have to excuse the hairy feet ( I really didn't think you would be able see them in the tall grass...oh well)

eeaaba6b.jpg

eeaaba35.jpg

eeaaba08.jpg

I got several of the other babies very rough clipped to help cool them off from the hot humid Arkansas weather, but no glamor shots of them really.......but I can say I am very happy with Big City's first foal crop and am already looking forward to see what 07 brings.

And Nancy I LOVE That picture Mike took when he was down of Big City running up when we entered his pasture - that is just how he is a totally baby - spoiled rotten and wants attention all the time if it is nothing more than you just talking to him.......got one of the best dispostions I have seen in a stallion.

:new_shocked: WOW :new_shocked: and WOW again. He is gorgeous, Erica you raise wonderful horses. I haven't seen anything come off your place that wasn't superb
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations on your purchase Suzy, or rather your sisters purchase, but hey it's all in the family right
default_wink.png
:

He really is a pretty thing. Congratulations on your excellent purchase.

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Suzy to your sister and you, too! He is a fabulous baby! I remember his picture being posted when he was foaled and thinking then that he was going to turn into something very special.

It will be fun hearing about all his little episodes and watching him grow through the pictures that I just "know" you will be kind enough to share with us!!
default_yes.gif
:

He is sooooooooooo handsome!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: He's going to make you sound awesome babies down the road and he is extremely easy on the eyes
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

And Nancy I LOVE That picture Mike took when he was down of Big City running up when we entered his pasture - that is just how he is a totally baby - spoiled rotten and wants attention all the time if it is nothing more than you just talking to him.......got one of the best dispostions I have seen in a stallion.
Erica, that is one stallion that I think, *truly* looks better in his natural state than all dolled up! He is Simply Stunning!!! Mike said that he was the nicest stallion he had ever been around, he came right over to him wanting to be loved on, and he was never concerned about being nipped or kicked! VERY well behaved and friendly!!! (and GORGEOUS!!!) I still wished he had popped Big City and Prankster in the trailer before heading home!
default_wink.png
: )

Big City and his harem:

BC1.jpg

and here he is with Peanut's Papa, Bandito:

BC2.jpg

Nancy
default_smile.png

Hey Erica... thanks for the additional photo of him! I really like the balance on the colt, he is growing up just like I thought he would... :aktion033:

And Nancy, thank you as well for the photos of "daddy".. this horse is just about perfect in my book, that bottom photo of him with the hip and balance on him is amazing... he truly is what a breeding stallion should be...
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks again, everyone!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Darn Suzy - Your going to make 2007 show season rough on us on the West Coast with him aren't you?

Hopefully we won't be in the same classes!!! He really is gorgeous and definitely going to do well with you and Janie in the years to come.

Erica has definitely set a tone with her consistent quality and good eye for minis. I know I've been looking at a couple of her fillies, but need to make room for any new additions first.

Congratulations again - can't wait to see your boy out here next year!

Erica, that is one stallion that I think, *truly* looks better in his natural state than all dolled up! He is Simply Stunning!!! Mike said that he was the nicest stallion he had ever been around, he came right over to him wanting to be loved on, and he was never concerned about being nipped or kicked! VERY well behaved and friendly!!! (and GORGEOUS!!!) I still wished he had popped Big City and Prankster in the trailer before heading home! )

Nancy, There's my boy! (or boys)

I hope he passes on his hair coat to this babies as well; he hasn't had a thing done to him at all.........no clipping, no bathing and he has this slick "big horse" coat on him, hasn't been conditioned a day in his life other than what he does himself, never been sweated either, just all natural. He loves to roll in the mud and swim in the pond and be a dirty filthy boy. ...

I will have to send you a picture of Pranky too........got a few pictures of him clipped and standing half way decent the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hope he passes on his hair coat to this babies as well; he hasn't had a thing done to him at all.........no clipping, no bathing and he has this slick "big horse" coat on him, hasn't been conditioned a day in his life other than what he does himself, never been sweated either, just all natural. He loves to roll in the mud and swim in the pond and be a dirty filthy boy. ...

I will have to send you a picture of Pranky too........got a few pictures of him clipped and standing half way decent the other day.
That is what I mean about Big City - if I had mares and was able to pick stallions for breeding, I would want to see pics of them in their *natural* state. You can really change a horses appearance with conditioning and sweating, and I would rather see what they really are, and could pass onto the baby. Big City would be a #1 Choice for me! Mary, Buckskin Gal's, Champion Farms Nighthawk son Apache would be another one, he is so beautiful in his natural state, and has a disposition like Big City! Everyone looks good in their Sunday Best, I like to see them in their Everyday Wear!
default_wink.png
:

And Erica, I would LOVE some pics of little Prankster - If your Mom ever decides..... well, you know!
default_wink.png
:

Nancy
default_smile.png

Darn Suzy - Your going to make 2007 show season rough on us on the West Coast with him aren't you?

Hopefully we won't be in the same classes!!! He really is gorgeous and definitely going to do well with you and Janie in the years to come.

Erica has definitely set a tone with her consistent quality and good eye for minis. I know I've been looking at a couple of her fillies, but need to make room for any new additions first.

Congratulations again - can't wait to see your boy out here next year!
Thanks, Michelle...
default_wub.png
: I can't wait to get him out here myself. It has been a while since I have had a good AMHA horse to haul and I guess I see a couple of Reno trips next year...!
default_yes.gif
: But, I have seen some pretty fancy kids coming off of YOUR place lately... so I really think that BOTH of us are going to have fun next year!! :bgrin

Erica, that is one stallion that I think, *truly* looks better in his natural state than all dolled up! He is Simply Stunning!!! Mike said that he was the nicest stallion he had ever been around, he came right over to him wanting to be loved on, and he was never concerned about being nipped or kicked! VERY well behaved and friendly!!! (and GORGEOUS!!!) I still wished he had popped Big City and Prankster in the trailer before heading home! )

That is EXACTLY what I love about Big City... he is WHAT HE IS... nothing made up on that boy and he is sure enough a sire with this first crop... I can't wait to see what the coming years hold for you, Erica.. and, YES, I am going to come shopping again next year... LOL! Want a girl for myself, though... to go along with the mares I already have here... (and I just became a co-owner in a fancy Boones Little BTU Crown Prince filly that I have in the barn to show for a client.. :bgrin )

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Latest posts

Back