slow hay feeders

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We started with Busy Snackers for big horses and minis in 2010 and they are still in very good shape. I also tried the Freedom Nets which are my favorite. I started with the 1.5" holes and now just got the new 1" hole, the 1.5" is now 1" and the new 1" will go to 1/2" which is what I want. We never had to teach any of them to use them, in fact they still empty them too fast which is why I want smaller holes. These nets never waste hay, are very durable, washable, have been to heck and back and still look almost new. I have some very rough horses and they don't show wear. I use my own carebiner's to close them, and double end snaps to hang and attach. In these pictures we bought cattle mineral feeder's and my husband put those O ring bolts in them near the bottom with a cap nut (?) outside for safety. I snap in the nets and nothing is wasted, no pawing, no dirt, and a natural eating position. I carry these little barrels all over the place. We also have tie rings in all the shelters and stalls and use those too to snap nets to. The new 1" nets for minis/trailer's are bigger and hold a lot of hay. We also used to snap them to the fence until the electric wire went up. We never have problems with spinning nets, or frustrated horses. Two are absolute glutens and aggressive eaters, this has solved a lot of problems and keeps them all busy all day. I prefer these to the Busy Snackers. Hay in the dirt in the first pic was my husbands fault, he doesn't know how to hook nets completely closed!

IMG_0038.JPG

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG

I would also like to add that the Freedom Net customer service is the best! She will work with you and help you any way she can. We also can easily weigh our nets and know exactly how much they are eating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dyfra will chew through a hay net quick. And we need slow feeders here.

So I bought a few of theses and they work great. Like the 1.75 hole best for the Icelandic's. They are holding up well so far. Also have a 1.5 for the sheep, Maggie and goats, perfect size for them.

http://www.busyhorse.com/

Dyfra used to eat her hay and everyone else's in about a half hour... now it takes 4 hours and the others get their share too. Never seen a horse eat so fast... she is a vacuum!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back