Sligo Stick

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valshingle

Reaction score
I have discovered that my measuring stick, a metal non-Sligo stick, measures at least 1/2" too tall. Which do you feel is the best measuring stick and where can you order them? I called around a little and found that the Sligo stick isn't being made anymore (?). Is there an "official" measuring stick of AMHA and AMHR?

The Sligo isn't made anymore?? I thought it was still the "official" stick for AMHA. Jackie at Supreme has always had them in the past, you might check with her. Otherwise...hope someone else has some input.

Jan

I have discovered that my measuring stick, a metal non-Sligo stick, measures at least 1/2" too tall. Which do you feel is the best measuring stick and where can you order them? I called around a little and found that the Sligo stick isn't being made anymore (?). Is there an "official" measuring stick of AMHA and AMHR?
I too was surprised when my horses measured in smaller at the shows last year. oh well, I'd rather the stick measures taller than actual size then be shocked that they suddenly gained half an inch.

It's true that the Sligo stick isn't going to be manufactured any longer. I've had one for years and couldn't live without it!

I've found that my horses nearly always measure shorter at the shows than they do at home.
default_smile.png

Jackie isn't sure that she'll be able to get anymore. AMHA doesn't have a source for them either. I never minded that my horses usually measure shorter at shows, but I've run into situations when selling horses that the buyer is concerned about height. I can understand that they may not want to take my word that the horse will measure shorter at a show.

Thanks for the tip about the LB Auction!

Not to make more trouble for AMHA, but if the Sligo is the "official" measuring stick and it is not being made anymore I think they have a problem.

Latest posts

Back