Sky Update --

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Mare

Reaction score
I know I am WAY overdue at giving you all an update on Sky!

For those of you who remember Sky is my coming two year old filly who coliced this past October... After treating her at home for 7 days with our local vets out twice a day, constant IV fluids, tubings, etc., etc. We took her to Virginia Tech for surgery.... Long story short, 13 lb. impaction in her small and large colon plus two tears ... and a 10 day stay in the hospital....

Just after surgery, October 12th.:

Image02005485.jpg

February:

Image0200578.jpg

Awwww that sweet little baby doll!! I'm so glad she's looking so well and very healthy!! And good to "see" you again too :bgrin !

First off bout time you come back! Been wondering where you were at.

Second glad she is doing so well.

I am so glad Sky is doing well...your a great MOM!
default_yes.gif
:

Nice to hear from you :saludando:

So glad she's doing well! She's just precious. Thanks for the update! :saludando:

Thanks for the Sky update! I'm glad to see she's doing so well! :aktion033: :aktion033:

WHOOO HOOO!! She looks wonderful! :aktion033:

I'm not sure you got my email, but I thanked you for thinking of me and sending that coupon! I've missed you being here Michelle!

I am so happy for you and for Sky. She looks so much better in the Feb picture.

Yeah for Sky.. what a pretty doll baby.

Vicky

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

so glad to see you post again! and im so happy your girl is doing well. I know way too well the stress of going thru colic surgery both financial and emotional.

Kay

What a sweet girl she is!!! I hope she continues to do well and follows in Khaki's footsteps regarding recovery. My regular vet was out on Friday and I asked him when I am ready to breed Khaki, is there some way to check her for adhesions and he told me (3rd vet to do so) to stop thinking about that as a consideration in my plans for her and he thinks I should go on and breed that mare! It's so scary when your filly goes through the surgery and takes a long time to forget, but these girls are lots tougher than I once suspected. Keep the updates coming and I've missed you on this board!!!

So glad to hear she is doing well, and am so glad to see you back!
default_yes.gif
:

Liz R.

:aktion033: IM SOOO GLAD SHE PULLED THROUGH,IT MUST HAVE BEEN A TERRIBLE WORRY FOR YOU, WOW 13LB IMPACT :new_shocked: POOR WEE THING!!! :no:

Latest posts

Back