Since the holidays are coming

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartkranch

Reaction score
What is something that can't be missed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My families Thanksgiving is my favorite of holidays.
default_biggrin.png

Cook a 20 pound turkey and de bone it. So everyone can have their dark or white meat. My great grandmother will slap anyone that gets the neck
default_rolleyes.gif
Usually it's my uncle that trys with NO sucess. Watching him get slapped by a 98 year old lady is pretty to everyone.

Now my favorite thing of all, and we make a bunch for leftovers, is the dressing. I get have my plate filled with dressing!

Then the corn, mash potatoes, Sweet potatoe cassarole, sour crap( what I call it), then a spoon of cranberries.

Christmas- Honey ham, and everything else. AS LONG AS THE DRESSING IS THERE TOO!!!
default_laugh.png

what food are y'all looking forward to? I don't even care about presents, just cook for me hahaha!

Time flies as it is, lets not rush past the end of summer and fall and jump right into winter. It'll be a couple months before I even want to think about the holidays.
default_wink.png

I can't wait for the the holidays I love to cook. I make a turkey and a prime rib on Thanksgiving smoked gouda mashed potatoes, summer squash casserole, corn soufle and turnip those are all the things I can't wait to have.

I really can't wait for the fall weather for homemade soups, breads and warm comfort food meals.

As much as I love summer, Fall is my favorite time of year! The weather is usually gorgeous. Camping during the Fall is my favorite. My husband cooks awesome food over the campfire. When we're not camping, we love to do soup and sandwich day on Saturday and I love making homemade soups. Todd makes a fantastic chili, vegetable soup and french onion soup. I love making chicken tortilla soup and taco soup.

I'm not thinking about the holidays yet. I swear Christmas sneaks up on me every year. You would think I would realize that December 25th is headed my way!

Barbara

I refuse to think about winter right now since ours lasts from the end of september to june. I need to soak up the warmth while I can and give my poor frozen brain a break
default_smile.png
my favorite holiday is the Fourth of July. Yep!

I refuse to think about winter right now since ours lasts from the end of september to june. I need to soak up the warmth while I can and give my poor frozen brain a break
default_smile.png
my favorite holiday is the Fourth of July. Yep!
Me, too. We're in the same boat weather wise as you, perhaps even a little worse, since I'm further north.

Possibly chandab! I have a few friends over in Montana and Wyoming so I know you have it rough too. I wouldn't mind it so much here if we had hills and trees (I live in the red river valley so the winds are brutal). Actually, I know i'd miss it if I ever moved. It's beautiful and I can always put extra layers of clothes on to stay warm.

Sorry heartkranch for hijacking your thread! It's all yours now, I promise
default_smile.png

Thanks Giving - We make two turkeys, one deep fried thats injected with creole marinade and seasoning, one oven roasted thats seasoned with butter and herbs. I make mashed garlic parmesan red skin potatoes, carrot casserole (got tired of green bean casserole after 23 years, lol, homemade cranberry sauce, homemade stuffing, a tossed salad, pumpkin pie for desert.

Christmas - We make a ham and an oven baked turkey (a few people in the family cant eat pork, a few cant imagine Christmas without a ham, then scalloped potatoes, broccoli cheese casserole, hawaiian sweet rolls, cranberry sauce, candied yams (with pecans, maple syrup, and marshmallows), "ham stuffing" that I got a recipe for on LB a few years back, and for desert I make "watergate" salad, it has pistachio pudding, cool whip, chopped maraschino cherries, cottage cheese, etc.

Latest posts

Back