Silly question?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizze98765

Reaction score
So they wouldn't be exactly dutch doors since it would be one solid door, but is there any reason an exterior people door wouldn't work for a mini door to go out to their pasture? We're looking for a new property for our 2 minis and 1 big horse (he would obviously need a full size horse door!), and being our first house (yay!
default_risa8.gif
) we are a little tight on money to make it perfect. Are there any obvious reasons I'm missing why we couldn't frame it out of the pole barn and latch them open so they can go in and out?

you should be able to. Mine including my biggie woould go in and out a dog cage door and they are narrow, so you should hve no problem. I actually have a regular door as a side door on my stall and a big horse came out of that with no problems.

Christy

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work. I have shetlands that will walk through a 2' door without any problems, just me and horses can't walk through at the same time
default_wink.png

I have two stalls that have regular service doors leading to their paddock. They have worked fine for me. My only recommendation is that they open in instead of out. I have one of each and the one that opens out is harder to close if there is mud or snow.

Arlene

We use two of them all the time. We have put a latch on them besides the door knob because we don't want the wind to open them by accident. The horses and llamas have no problem going in and out of them.

I agree with everyone else. I have a regular door on my shop that opens into the horse area. They have no problem when it is left open walking into the shop thru it and attacking the hay supply. They can also go right back out it with me behind them with no problem. Silly girls!

Latest posts

Back