showmanship question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrah

Reaction score
Can you use Arab style show halters in showmanship? I want to buy my gelding a Arab style show halter to wear in halter classes. I wanted to know if Arab style halters are acceptable for showmanship or not because I don't know if I will be able to afford both a western style halter and an Arab style halter, I would like to get a beaded Arab style halter and they are quite expensive, especially because I live in Canada and have to pay the difference in price too! Does anyone know where one can order a nice western and/or Arab style halter for less than 90 US?

Hi!

Yes, you can use an arab type halter in Showmanship (I do and placed champion at one of my shows). You can find cheap ones at www.minitack.com, and usually you can find great deals on ebay or the lilbeginnings last chance auction

Jessica

Not sure if they are what you are looking for but there is a laady on EBAY thet does a lot of beaded show halters for about $40. Look under "miniature horse show halter" I've never seen hers up close so no idea on quality.

Good Luck

Mark

I went on Ebay and got my over divisons western halter for $20.

My website has a lot of good information on showmanship, if you need help. Just check out the "training tips" page, and I am more then happy to answer any questions you have on top of that.

Back