Showing in AMHR Sanctioned Shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdbj

Reaction score
What classes can a yearling filly be shown in? I understand there is a height rule of 32 inches for yearlings as to what division, A or B, they can be shown in, correct? I am a beginner in the show world so any pointers would be appreciated!

Hi

The yearling height divisions for AMHR are as follows:

Yearling Under: 32.5" and under at the last hairs

Yearling Over: 32.5" and Over at the last hairs

Goodluck
default_saludando.gif

Leeana, I thought it is 32" and under for a yearling to show in the Under division; if the yearling is 36" & under (but over 32") then she would show as an Over.

Depending on the show the sizes may be broken down further (Nationals for instance). Our local show has only 1 under and 1 over class for yearling fillies.

Im pretty sure its 32.5" ..but i could be wrong. I showed a yearling last year and i remember it always being a toss up on him as he was right on the 32.5" line, he went back and forth between being a hair under and over.

I could be wrong though ...

Unless the AMHR Rules from 2004 have been changed, that yr . book reads: Under division - foal of current year 30" and under, yearling 32" and under, 2 yr old 33" and under, 3 yr and older 34" and under. Over division - foal current year 30-32", yearling 32-36", 2 yr old 33-37", 3 yr and older 34-38".

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but Leanna is wrong. Please check your Rule Book!!

The height divisions for Yearlings are 32" & Under, and Over 32" to 36".

Besides the halter class for age/height, a yearling can be shown in Multi-Colour (Pinto or Appy only) or Solid Colour; halter obstacle; costume; Showmanship (although most people use an older, more seasoned horse); and Liberty. She can also be shown in Youth, Open, or Amateur as appropriate.

The height is 32" and under for the under division and over 32" to 36" for the over division. You can show a yearling in her/his open class, amateur and youth hand classes (confirmation and showmanship), costume, and I believe--liberty and obstacle. Oh, yea, and color classes.

Hmm I thought it was .5s... I guess you judges know best lol.
default_smile.png

Weanlings 30" under = under (Nationals, 28" under and 28-30")

Weanlings 30-32" = Over

Yearlings 32" and under = Under (Nationals; 30" under and 30-32")

Yearlings 32-36" = Over (Nationals, 32-34" and 34-36")

Two year olds 33" and under = Under (Nationals 31" under, 31-33)

Two year olds 33-37" = Over (Nationals, 33-35 and 35-37)

Sr. 34" and under = Under (Nationals; 28" under, 28-30", 30-32", and 32-34")

Sr 34-38" = Over (Nationals; 34-36" and 36-38")

I've never heard of them splitting the classes by halfs. Thanks Erica for the info, it will help clear things up.
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks Sunny/Judy for answering my original questions. Now I know which classes I can show my little filly in!

Latest posts

Back