Show off your piece of heaven!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some from around the farm...

e7a70c43.jpg

e7a70c46.jpg

e7a70c44.jpg

e7a70c48.jpg

e7a70c41.jpg

e7a70c4a.jpg

Wow Erica!!!! Your place is gorgeous!!! It looks like a pretty painting!

And some of you sure do get some SNOW! It makes me cold just looking at the pics!!!

Thanks for sharing everyone
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin :aktion033:

Our little mini corner of the world..

farm06.jpg

I LOVE this thread!! Everyone has such beautiful places and all so different. Here's my dream place. I grew up in Calgary so this was a dream from childhood. We have been here 4 years now. We have 160 acres. 55 acres in alfalfa, 25 acres in pasture mix (timothy, brome, orchard) 10 acres fenced for now and the rest is yard and trees with trails all through them. Here are the pictures. The first are in the winter. First picture is from my bedroom window and the second is from the livingroom window.

winterfarm1.jpg

winterfarm2.jpg

These next 2 were during a storm. The pasture off of our kitchen and the front yard.

farmstorm1.jpg

farmstorm2.jpg

Then we have various views of the pasture, fields and one of the trails through the trees. I LOVE IT HERE!!! :bgrin

farm1.jpg

farm2.jpg

farm3.jpg

farm4.jpg

farm5.jpg

farm6.jpg

farm7.jpg

farm8.jpg

I'm such a beach girl I don't know if I could ever leave Cali. All these pics certainly make it tempting, though! It's so hard to find acres of affordable land here, and when you do they look nothing like that.

I'll play! A long time ago we did this and I know that my farm looks totally different now than it did then :bgrin

My husband and I built a house a year ago and haven't gotten to the landscaping yet. Everything is so expensive! We are crossing our fingers that we won't have to sell it all, with the recent loss of my husband's job :no: And after taking these pictures I am crossing them even harder! It's so beautiful here!

Our House...

ourhouse.jpg

A look at the round pen and training pens...

theroundpenpensandhouse.jpg

Looking down our hay field, and our driveway...

thefield.jpg

Here is a look at the boy's pens. The horse on the left is Illusion, he leaves soon for his new home in California (he's going to be a CDE horse!) and the horse on the right is Dane
default_wub.png
:

alookattheboyspens.jpg

A closer look at their shelters...

theboysshelters.jpg

Here is a picture of the girl's pasture. It looks big, but it's only about 1/2 an acre... maybe less
default_rolleyes.gif
:

thegirlspasture.jpg

And a look at the girl's shelters...

thegirlsshelters.jpg

Here is an extra pen I had built this year. It has a little shelter in it and we will be adding rails to it...

extrapen.jpg

Where I'm standing to take the above picture will someday be a barn. Hopefully!

This is a gorgeous picture that I took this morning, standing on my front porch!

themountainsincolor.jpg

And lastly... My baby Rose. She is such a cutie, I can't hardly stand it. I just want to hug her all the time
default_wub.png
:

rosieposie.jpg

Edited to add... I meant to include this picture of my hubby and my youngest son, with all our dogs. The oldest son (he's 6 years old) was at school...

Craigtheboysandthedogs.jpg

Thanks for taking a tour with me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some photos of our facility - I do need to update them, as they don't show any of our mini horse stuff! We just built a mini horse round pen and have been working to convert our old sheep pens to a mini horse "pasture" (dry lot)... plus we have 7 miniature horse corrals and another dry lot that have been here a few years already.

KpM Facilities!

Mindy your place is very pretty and it would be a shame to have to sell it! I know times are VERY hard in the housing market but best of wishes sent your way :bgrin

This is our new property. There is no barn there "yet", so all I have to show is a house. We close on the 25th.

P8304533.jpg

P8304521.jpg

View from the front.

P8304531.jpg

View from the side.

P8304524.jpg

Back Yard.....what there is of it anyway! :eek:

P8304522.jpg

Everything in the photo (on the same side as our home) that is mowed is our land, along with the woods, with the exception to about the top 1/2 of the woods.

Homephoto.jpg

What you maybe can't tell from the photos is that the property is set on a fairly steep hill, and everything runs downhill to the road. There is only one flat part to this property, luckily, which is where the barn and fence will go. We found out recently that everything to the front is owned by one person, and is in some type of a program that will never allow building on that property, along with everything to our left. The neighbors to our right bought the acerage between us and them so no one else could build there. We were pretty pleased to hear that needless to say!

I'll play! A long time ago we did this and I know that my farm looks totally different now than it did then :bgrin

My husband and I built a house a year ago and haven't gotten to the landscaping yet. Everything is so expensive! We are crossing our fingers that we won't have to sell it all, with the recent loss of my husband's job :no: And after taking these pictures I am crossing them even harder! It's so beautiful here!

Our House...

ourhouse.jpg

A look at the round pen and training pens...

theroundpenpensandhouse.jpg

Looking down our hay field, and our driveway...

thefield.jpg

Here is a look at the boy's pens. The horse on the left is Illusion, he leaves soon for his new home in California (he's going to be a CDE horse!) and the horse on the right is Dane
default_wub.png
:

alookattheboyspens.jpg

A closer look at their shelters...

theboysshelters.jpg

Here is a picture of the girl's pasture. It looks big, but it's only about 1/2 an acre... maybe less
default_rolleyes.gif
:

thegirlspasture.jpg

And a look at the girl's shelters...

thegirlsshelters.jpg

Here is an extra pen I had built this year. It has a little shelter in it and we will be adding rails to it...

extrapen.jpg

Where I'm standing to take the above picture will someday be a barn. Hopefully!

This is a gorgeous picture that I took this morning, standing on my front porch!

themountainsincolor.jpg

And lastly... My baby Rose. She is such a cutie, I can't hardly stand it. I just want to hug her all the time
default_wub.png
:

rosieposie.jpg

Edited to add... I meant to include this picture of my hubby and my youngest son, with all our dogs. The oldest son (he's 6 years old) was at school...

Craigtheboysandthedogs.jpg

Thanks for taking a tour with me!
Mindy, your place is just beautiful. Crossing my fingers for you that you can stay there.

Best,

Shelley (in Michigan)
default_smile.png

Thanks you guys! I do love it here. Across the arena from me are my Mom and Dad, little sister and Grandparents. We all live here on the farm together. They own half and we own half. So it would be more than a shame to loose it all
default_sad.png
With all the positive thinking that goes on here, everything will turn out fine I'm sure! :saludando:

We bought our place from a video that a relator sent us and she neglected to show us the fine points. When we bought this place our house was un-livable it was so bad and the property was a junk yard. It took us one full year of weekends to haul the crap off to the dump. We are constantly remodeling this old house but getting very sick and tired of it nickle and diming us to death so we just might tear the whole thing down in the spring if we can afford it and and begin over.
Oh Marty! I can't believe anyone would buy a house without ever having seen it first! ......... Like we did too :eek: OMG! :stupid: :new_rofl: :new_rofl: Frank says we are rebuilding this house 8 square feet at a time! And we had to tear down the NEW 36x36 barn that was here because it was so poorly constructed it was UNSAFE! Talk about getting taken! Sure was a pretty video though. Didn't show the MANY huge piles of construction trash trash from the owner who was a builder of some kind! This year we got back from World to find mold growing up the wall from a water pipe leak and had the same thing happen last fall! Now we are saving to have the whole darn house replumbed! But I will say it is beautiful here and from the pictures I've seen of your place it is too.

I am soooo enjoying this thread! Someone should take these gorgeous pictures and make a coffee table book of miniature horse farms. :y
default_yes.gif
:
default_smile.png
es: I want the first copy
default_yes.gif
:

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back