Shipper Out Of Business?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Equine Xpress Horse Transportation

Please inquire for other destinations.

[email protected]

519-538-5535 Home

502-354-1042 USA Cell only while travelling in the USA

Here is Linda's info. She is great to deal with and loves the horses.

She has a facebook page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thank you for all your suggestions and information. I have emailed so many shippers and no response yet, so I just entered my info on travelinghorse.com. I'm sure to have an answer today or tomorrow. I will post on how it goes for others new to this like me. Just getting too old for hubby and I to make those long trips to and back anymore!

I contacted Hauled Wright by email during the month of July for a quote and although they are out of business they will book a trip for you but...you do NOT know in advance who it will be.

For a little extra money I booked with Equine Express, Equine Express. They are based in Texas and run weekly coast to coast trips. The rigs are air-ride semis, clean, and very new models. They gave me the exact date I wanted, kept in touch frequently during the booking process, arrived on time at pickup & delivery, called from the road with updates LOTS as I requested & basically spoiled our newly weaned filly like she was their own! I can't recommend them highly enough!!

The way I am gettting no response, and I mean NONE, one would think I told them my horse is carrying plague! I even filled out an information sheet on the Traveling Horse website where everyone is supposed to get numerous quotes from many shippers. I would think 5 weeks gives me enough time to book a transport. I also emailed all the shippers suggested from you all and was hoping I had good news by now.

Have you tried Sharraway? Give them a call if you havent

Thanks Kay, I have emailed them twice in the last month with no answer. And yes I even check my spam folders. I am changing my ISP in a couple hours so should get ready for that, but I will call them directly.

I feel bad that over the years, I very highly recommended the shipper in question. They did a spectacular job hauling so many of the horses I hold most dear. I'm sorry if anyone has been left in a lurch with the recent developments.

This company had been the one I used for years, and the first I recommended to all of my clients when looking for transport. However, they seemed to have gone down the drain fast in my opinion. When they were here in December, the trailer was falling apart (they were trying to "fix it"), were late because fuel was geling in the truck and they didn't know to put additive in the fuel, trailer was a disgusting mess. The two drivers knew nothing about horses. When I mentioned Colic, the driver asked me what that was. My horse needed medication enroute, they were aware of that before hand and yet knew nothing about it and told me that they didn't know if they could give the oral medication to her or not. I was disgusted. And never got a call enroute, never got a call saying horses had been safely delivered. When I called the dispatcher, she said they had no reason to call and let me know they had arrived, and was pretty rude. I was disgusted with the whole ordeal.

They used to have a regular female driver who was awesome, but I was told she had broken her leg and that until she could pass the DOT tests wouldn't be driving. Always felt very good, and they also used to have a retired vet that would drive for them. That was in the good days. The owner also died a few years ago and I think things fell apart after that. So in a way, I am not suprised to see them out of business, I think they probably did it to themselves and if they ever go back in business, I don't think I will recommend them again or use them unless I hear rave reviews that things have improved.

I recommend Randy at Montana Express, super nice guy and does one heck of a job. He has a website if you google it.

rubyviewminis-I'm glad I'm not the only one having a problem getting a response from shippers! It's strange, I never have trouble getting quotes and getting a hold of people, but out of all the shippers I've contacted, I've only had one get back to me and that was a month ago so plenty of time. Will give it a try again here soon. Really thought maybe it was my computer.

Wildhorses, thank you. So far called Sharrway and they just need a few others that need shipment in or out of Colorado to make a trip for mine. I appreciate honesty. So one down many to call.

I like Sharrway, Worleys and M and N Transport (used to like Hauled Right as well)

Latest posts

Back