Shetlands w/ "Magic" in their name

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrazyHorses

Reaction score
I'm looking for information about Shetlands with "Magic" in their names. Is there a certain breeder they come from? What kind of bloodlines? Hope I'm not being too vague.

There have probably been a couple hundred or more Shetlands registered in the ASPC with "Magic" as part of their name. It's pretty much just a common name or name part. There isn't a lot of connection between most of them. For example, I know the owners of Magic Place Stafford, A Magic Moment, Rocket's Black Magic, and Woodmere's Color of Magic - none of these ponies have any connection to each other.

I thought that might be the case, but I wasn't sure. It seemed like there is an awful lot of Shetlands w/ Magic somewhere in their name (I thought it might be like "Sweetwater's" in the mini's :new_shocked: )

There was a pinto mare I was looking at in Florida

Double the Magic

Sire: Magic Place Bert

Dam: Windyaires Black Magic

I ended up buying a black mare

CJ Black Magic

Sire: Dove's Top Hat

Dam: Herman's Hattie VB

I guess it is just a coincidence.

What does VB stand for?

(I really liked you mare Lewella, but had to get one closer, hope you understand :saludando: )

VB stands for Vern Benna. He was a well known breeder in Albert City, Iowa who passed away several years ago. I co-own with Bellevue Farm the last foal that Vern bred - McCall's Blue Chip Cody.

What color is your Dove's Top Hat mare? Be sure you have her tested for LW. (Anything with the CJ prefix, Van-Lo prefix, or descended of J-J's Painted Apache should be tested for LW).

Transportation can be a killer! Sounds like you found a nice mare closer to home though.
default_yes.gif
:

What color is your Dove's Top Hat mare? Be sure you have her tested for LW. (Anything with the CJ prefix, Van-Lo prefix, or descended of J-J's Painted Apache should be tested for LW).
She's solid black and has produced all pinto foals.

(does that indicate anything re: LW? or should I still have her tested?)

Actually looking at the studbook she has not produced all pintos - her 1999 filly was a solid black. Her 98, 2000, & 2001 foals were all sired by pinto stallions. She hasn't had a foal registered since 2001.

Her pinto production is the result of the stallions in these cases. Since she is from a line known to have Frames I would test just for my own piece of mind.

Thank you so much for looking up that information.

I love finding out as much as I can about my horses.
default_smile.png

This is not the best photo, but here she is w/ this years colt.

1157673966.jpg

1158624014.jpg

I hope to get her in the next week or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back