She finally foaled!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic

Reaction score
Whew! Wildfire was acting like she was experiencing first-stage labor and I had to cancel a doctor's appointment for a physical that I made back in September :DOH! and can't get in until September now, but I was here for the birth, which is the important thing!
default_smile.png

This colt is by our leopard appaloosa stallion CCMF Spotted Illusion, and apparently he "spent" all his spots last year, because this little guy is solid black, lol! His dam is Magic Mist Wildfire, a National Champion in Youth Halter and maternal sister to one of my geldings who is National Champion in Jumper and has National Top Tens in just about every category. This baby is LEGGY, strong, and smart. He's just 314 days gestation but found the milk right away and is doing great. Did I say "Whew" yet?
default_laugh.png
First pic is him trying to stand, still soaking wet

Wildfirescoltnewborn003.jpg

Then standing, though he's not too sure about it

Wildfirescoltnewborn004.jpg

Then a couple of hours later when he's dried off. He's still JET black like his dam was when she was born.
default_wub.png

Wildfirescoltnewborn016.jpg

I've decided to leave this mare open and drive her next year, and maybe do some jumping, etc. She's trained to drive but had tooth issues the year I was driving her. She's a powerful mare and I'm looking forward to showing her.
default_wub.png
thanks for letting me share!
default_smile.png

There he is! He's a beauty!!! I'm so glad he's finally here!

Hope you get some sleep before the next foal comes!

What a great little head! Great long legs! Great slope of his shoulder! And wow, a huge hip! Do I care about spots? Nope. He's GREAT! And congrats!!!

I am glad she finally foaled for you! He is a very good looking colt!! Congrats

Whew! Im so glad he arrived safely, good job for realizing u needed to stay home and watch.

WOW Black Black black! COngratulations on a healthy boy! Please post pics after he unfolds!

Congratulations on little one...He may spot out later but alive and healthy is the main thing..Good Job...
default_laugh.png

Congratulations he really pretty!
default_wub.png
Don't rule out that he will not color out yet. I had a jet black filly born a few years back that was sired by my black leopard stallion. I sold her as a weanling.Still jet black. I seen pictures of her a couple years later and she has a white blanket with spots and tons of motling.
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back