shaved minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hello,

We shaved two of our 2006 fillies for our girls to show in 4-h

look at the before and after photos.

Which one would you try to show in amha or amhr shows for our girls in the youth shows?Our girls love them both very much.I will try to get better pictures soon.

The first one is amha filly barn name Raven

dscn9028.jpg

100_2106.jpg

100_2132.jpg

second on is amhr filly barn name wed bay

101_0313.jpg

100_2126.jpg

100_2144.jpg

They're both very nice.. and such a huge difference!!! Although, I think I would pick the 2nd one. I cant put my finger on it but there's something about her that caught my eye more. Idk.. but theyre both very pretty little girls!!

Last edited by a moderator:
To me they both look about even. Both could use some weight and conditioning to muscel them up.

At this stage in their development/growth --- I would choose the bay over the silver. Both need to mature more and fill out more - (no, I am not saying that they are skinny -- they just are immature at this point).

Good luck - they are nice horses.

JJay

The bay is about 6 months old and the grey is about 10 mos old.

What is the best way to condition them up ideals? We are new to the showing world.They get grain twice a day and hay and grass.They are update on shots, wormer and trimming as well.

Thanks

ps would someone posted what the right condition of a young filly should look like, who is not a yearling yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't find a picture of a filly, but I do have before and after photos of a colt that was about 10 months old in these... I hope they help!

And your fillies look great by the way!! The older one just may be a slower horse to mature than the bay filly. But they both look really, really good
default_yes.gif
:

Before:

Dane2.jpg

After:

dane.jpg

And then here he is as a full yearling, his birthday is in March and this photo was taken in June...

daneatshow.jpg

As for conditioning, I would work him in the round pen for about 5 minutes both directions, trotting lots and also cantering some, then I would take him out and walk him for about a mile. Later in the summer we had worked up to 10 minutes in the round pen, mostly trotting, and then about a mile and a half of walking. It was good for me too
default_wink.png
: He got about a pound of hay in the morning and at night and 3 pounds of Platform Pleasure for grain.

Back