Sharing some pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
My SIL sent me a few pictures of our fall drives and since we now have over 10" of snow
default_crybaby.gif
I thought I'd share them. Some were taken on Thanksgiving Day (Canadian holiday not US ;) ) and this is the road we live on that we enjoy doing day drives down. We can drive for hours and usually make a day of it, stopping somewhere enroute for a picnic lunch and letting the horses graze before rehitching and heading home.They don't really show our horses at there best, lol, ever notice that a horse will drop its head and put its ears back or out to the sides as soon as a camera is aimed that way? But I thought I'd share anyway, notice the smile on my husband's face, he's driving my best mare and I think I have him hooked (altho I don't know if I'm ever getting my horse back now lol) Now she just has to teach him how to ask her to use herself and a bit about reinsmanship (she is an excellent teacher)

DSC00555.JPG

DSC00554.JPG

I can't wait till I get to get a cart to drive. I hope my hubby joins me like yours has. What fun he is having.

Beautiful mare as well.

Thank you, yes, Bucky is a lovely girl but that sure isn't a picture of her at her best lol. Driving in the arena is not really my husband's 'cup of tea' but once I convinced him to come out for a 'road trip' and drive a horse who takes care of him and forgives his lack of finesse he has begun to really enjoy it. These pictures seem so long ago now if I look out the window but really it was only a couple of weeks back that I last went. No leaves now tho, just lots of white stuff and more falling.
default_sad.png

Thank you for the beautiful photos! You are wise to have a relaxed attitude towards you husband's driving skill. All this horse "stuff" is supposed to be about having fun.

Karen

Great road for driving! Too bad about the snow
default_smile.png

It's really wonderful that you all are going out and having fun together driving your minis.

What a beautiful place to drive!

Leia
Its funny how we tend to not notice how lovely the scenery is in our own part of the world until we see it from the seat of a cart or the back of a horse. I guess its something about the slower pace. We are fortunate that there is very little traffic and the vehicles that are on the road are accustomed to watching for us and slow down for the most part. It is a perfect setting to teach young horses to accept trucks, cars and motor bikes since they can learn about them with respectful operators. Even the gravel trucks don't phase our horses much (nor the loader they watched work from a dozen yards away) because they have been allowed to pass and be passed by them both stopped and moving slowly. And the long straight stretches and hills help develop their skills much faster than an arena IMO.

ksoomekh, he is enjoying it and he will continue to improve as he does more of it and learns what he needs to do to get the response he knows she can give him. She is all 'fallen apart' and strung out while he drives but she is relaxed and understands her job so well that she is just taking him along for the ride for now. In time they will develop their connection and work together better. He'll help her and she'll help him. For now it is enough that he is understanding my love for driving and it has often been his suggestion that we go.

studiowvw, the snow has certainly halted our fun for a couple of months, but it also gives me a bit of time to see if I can acquire a new harness for one of my green horses. Since he uses the same harness as my mare I can not use him if my husband is driving her. I really want to get him out of the arena next season and give him a chance to stretch his legs and experience the world more. All of the horses seem to really perk up and enjoy getting out of the 'classroom' and I don't think he will be any exception to that. 'sigh' its going to be a long winter.

Beautiful place for a Fall drive!! You are lucky to have such a nice place with a long stretch for a day of driving and picnicking!!!

Back