Selfie?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selfies and FB check ins! Yes, Vicki is right--some do make it easy for a stalker to grab them. LOL. "John Smith is at ABC donut shop" then John Smith is at the hospital. John smith is at the car wash. Then post a picture of your supper plate full of food. Does anyone really have an interest in seeing that plate of food? I find it hard to believe they do. I enjoy seeing a masterpiece of a cake but not a plate of spuds, veggies and hamburger, or whatever.

showered in Fanta, good one. We just call them Umpa Loompas (willie wonka, first movie). What is really funny is the folks that do a selfie and don't pay attention to the stuff in the background or what is reflected in a mirror. LOL those are funny too. The cops look at those "selfies" too where crooks post selfies in a dress they recently stole or with the goods they shoplifted.

Those folks that post everything on public media don't know that cops are surfing the internet too. I know one cop that was laughing about all the kids posting about a party that would serve alcohol to underage kids and they say on facebook... "party notice..." "cops never check this place out. There was bust on that party that night.

Or a bigger DUH... post photos around your home... then post when you are going to be on vacation... sheesh.

ps, and if anybody posts a photo of me or my kids... I ask them to delete it. They don't understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what is so troubling to me. Its the complete breakdown of privacy and personal space that seems to be the culturally acceptable norm. Many of my students seem to have no concept of privacy whatsoever. It is almost as if they feel entitled to my personal info and private life. "Whered ya go? Who was that? Whatd u pay for that?" And other rude and nosy questions seem to bombard me constantly. And when I tell them to mind their own business, they get mad and try to find what they want anyway by going behind my back and gossiping (which I hate). Its also the spying on people on the internet that creeps me out. I've had students post things related to personal and private maters in my barn and caught flack for it from clients, obviously peeved their business was plastered all over the internet. I often bring working students with me on hauling trips or when assisting a client with a purchase, and it still bothers me that I actually have to tell the students "No pictures! No posts!; Nobody needs to know what we are doing every minute!" I actually snapped once and asked one girl if she updated her status every time she used the toilet! The picture snapping is the worst. I do not care to have my photo taken nor do I care to have photos of my home, barn or horses posted on other people's social media pages either. I cannot believe the looks I get when I tell people they need to take them down. They seem to think that they can do whatever they please with no regard for my privacy or property. It troubles me that this up and coming generation has no boundaries. They think nothing of posting their location or personal details with no regard for their safety. I really dislike when they post other people's info or pics with them in them without permission thus putting people at risk. There is this young woman in my community who really is like, the social pariah of horses. She's starved two to death and been caught stealing from numerous individuals, been kicked out of 5 stables for lots of reasons and EVERYONE knows to avoid her like the plague. Her kids used to live close to me and walk to my farm without my permission and visit my farm. The older one was always snapping photos of my farm and livestock and it actually hurt my business just by being associated with her. I had clients threatening to leave and opting not to go to shows and clinics because they did not want to be "tagged" in photos with her or show up on her page. It took my threatening her to get her to stop. Insurance companies now will deny a claim if you were burglarized and posted that you were away online. While you are posing with a trout pout, rocking your orange streaky spray tan, criminals are scoping out your jewelry and electronics in your house and just waiting for you to post your location when your away so they can rob you.

I do not like being tagged without my permission. I don't do FB, but people tell me I've been tagged in some photo. Huh??

I guess the only good thing about it is the internet is so gorged, Big Brother will have trouble sifting through it all!

Yeah reallllly wierd /creepy when someone says oh hey nice photo on Facebook, haven't seen you in a while..... Like what!!!!!! How do you want me to respond to that!!!I don't have a fb!!!!!! What do you mean photo!!!!!! So I get tagged, and like a month later hear about it.

Too much info in a picture. Leaves no privacy. And the sad thing is my generation is now have trouble socializing. Really I wonder why.

Amysue- I get it my generation is going to be rather interesting in the future. I don't know how they do it. I don't notice my phone for weeks. Then people find me and say, you never answered my text, or you didn't call me back. I'd rather call then text. And I don't need to look at my phone every day. If I'm waiting for a call then I'll keep it with me, but otherwise it'll be on the table...or who knows were.

You can lock your FB up pretty good. Nobody can tag you in a pic unless you approve them to do so, and you can set it so unless you are friends with somebody they only see the very basic info.

I like your selfies Sonya
default_smile.png

OK well i DO have a selfie that i just took! i still have not matered the }"duck" face, but i am trying to get that one down pat!

b65d05db-9821-41fe-b36e-9229ced5e925_zpso2ccem8k.jpg

I was so excited about the snow and I wanted my pic with it. No one is here to take a pic for me so I took a selfie! All I could think about was this thread. Lol.

I tried posting but it goes upside down! Lol.

I hate selfies. I think it stems from the fact I spent a lot of my teen years alone so I only took selfies and now I want photos with my arms in to show I have another person to take the photo lol

Some call it duck face but always looks like Mick Jagger lips to me (EW!)

I do enjoy seeing pics of people, places they go etc.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back