Seen any good(or bad) movies lately?:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not get to see it but Sunday night Aug 17 SUMMER SNOW will air on tv on UPTV. It is already showing in a couple of theaters and is doing so well it has been held over.

My hubby is watching Tombstone with Kurt Russell for the umpteenth time. I can't stand that movie. lol

ugh!!!! So disappointing! My hubby and I went to see the movie "Into the Storm" today (morning matinee) and bleh. I was not a happy camper... Could have been so good and it was pretty bad. We "jinxed" ourselves after the movie as we got into his car - both saying at the same time ..."...seen better movies on the Sci-Fi channel ...." and most of those are not good.

I like disaster movies - always have since I saw Poseidon Adventure, Towering Inferno and either Earthquake or Quake in the 70s and into the 90s w/ Volcano, Twister and then 2012 and The Day After Tomorrow... But Into the Storm is not one I have any desire to see again.

Did catch Home Front on Netflix after it was mentioned and I liked it. That carried me over into Erased which I also liked.

I hope to see The Giver, The Maze Runners and The Expendables 3. There was another that I was hoping to see - don't remember what it was called. The Giver - I will watch at home - probably after it comes out on DVD.

the other night, we watched The Guilt Trip and This is 40. We both thought they were funny!

I hope in 2015 we get around to going to our once a year movie date. Any recommendations? We had a lot of tv time lately as I have been under the weather with strep throat and sinus infection. Here are some of the ones we enjoyed: MASH because I am considering getting back into MASH the series. Emperor because we got into learning more about Macarthur on account of The Korean War which my Dad fought in. Lawless which is based on a true story of bootlegging outlaw brothers who became known as outlaw heroes in Virginia. The Croods, teehee. 12 Angry Men which is of course a classic, but neither of us had ever watched it. The Bells of St. Mary's, another oldie with Bing Crosby and such a good clean movie. Move Over Darling with a young Doris Day and James Garner, hilarious! Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with the zany Steve Martin. More hilarious Steve Martin in The Out of Towners. And a more modern day one Wolf of Wall Street which was repulsive imho but we went ahead and watched it. The Iceman which was pretty good. The Book of Daniel which I really did enjoy!

I watched the movie "must love dogs" with my friend who was using eharmony internet dating service. We laughed quite a bit.

My husband takes us to the movie theater about every other weekend- so 2 or 3 times per month. In the last couple months we have seen Mockingjay part I (Hunger Games series)-which I love
default_wub.png
; Jersey Boys (everyone left the theater singing "Sherry"); Maleficent (Marvelous!); Big Hero 6 (twice, took the grandson once)
default_xbud.gif
; The Hobbit-the five armies (I think that's the right title)-that was lots better than I thought it would be this time! Wanted to see the new Annie but H didn't want to and read it was just not the same as the 'old Annie'. There are a number of movies coming out that look pretty good. Glad he splurges on movies (with a white cherry icee for me and coke and popcorn for him).
default_drool5.gif

Saw Into the woods. It was great. About 2 mins in mom wanted to know if it was another preview. Lol. Also the fam had know idea that it was a musical.

The interview was terrible. Some funny parts but they were as rare as the bunnies with antler's.

I can't wait for the next pitch perfect.new hobbit was good. The heat is really funny
default_smile.png

My youngest daughter, her hubby and my two grandbabies went to see Selma yesterday. Grandson said the movie scared him, he's 13, but he did appreciate the historical content and asked me alot of questions since I lived through it.

I babysat them last weekend and we watched The Giver, my youngest grand daughter had a difficult time understanding it. I enjoyed it. I'm so looking forward to the new Jurrasic Park due out in June.

I like the giver. I read the series in school. There were things they missed but all in all did a great job. Much of the book is very odd and makes you really question what they are trying to say. But it was my favorite

We just went and saw "Taken-part 3" with Liam Neeson. Wondered if it would be as good as the first two. It was; but I think the 1st one is still my favorite of them. .

Waiting for several more that will be coming out in the next months. So many good movies! Kingsman looks good.

Latest posts

Back