seeking training dvd suggestions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1keegan

Reaction score
My daughter and I bought our first horse (mini) last year. She was already trained to drive. She has a foal now and since we've never trained a horse ourselves, we are looking for a dvd that we could use with our foal as he grows.

We're looking for a general training dvd (not driving specific) that incorporates things we can do with a youngster.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

LG

Clinton Anderson has a television episode video on miniature horses and trained a foal to lead without the danger of rearing. It is $19.95. Also he has a DVD set Training Foals and Yearlings that I have used for years with big horse foals and now my little ones. Principles apply.

Thanks for the video suggestion rubymtminis-

I've trained several dogs but since this will be our first horse training experience, I want to learn to do it wisely. Not sure how similar/different I can expect the training of a horse to be
default_rolleyes.gif

Googling turned up a couple mini specific training dvds also. If anyone has them and cares to share about their content, that would be appreciated as well.

Tomorrow we're headed to the Midwest Horse Fair- maybe there will be some great dvd chices as well.

LG

I have to agree that I like Clintons the best. Principles apply and I dont care how small these guys are they must have manners...sorry pet peeve of mine, seen to many unruly mini's cause people thought they were cute and they were small enough they let them get away with stuff. So I applaude you for looking into training him up the right way from the beginning.

Latest posts

Back