School Shooting in Lancaster...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Magic

Reaction score
THe kids and I have spent a long vacation in Lancaster and have a great appreciation for the Amish people. It just breaks my heart to think of what happened to those children. I cannot imagine why this truck driver would go terrorize the school in order to commit suicide. Anyone live in that area??? I am praying for those families and those dear children still in the hospital.

I cannot understand the simply senseless act.

God Bless those dear families...

Lynn W

I saw it on the news.

Who can ever tell what is going through peoples minds??

Maybe he has a psychiatric problem and his voices told him to do it??

We will never know.

All I do know is, with all the gun laws we have in place, every gun used to mow down the 19 children in Dunblane had a licence and the b*stard that did it belonged to a gun club and had many, legally owned guns.

They tightened up all the laws after that tragedy- now it almost impossible for anyone except a policeman or a criminal to buy a gun!!

I don't understand it either-- if they are going to kill themselves, well, I guess that is their perogative, but to terrorize, murder, and severely injure other people first??? It makes no sense. What a terrible tragedy, and it seems to be becoming far too common these days...
default_sad.png

There was one in Colorado last week just 25 miles from Colombine High School. It was a small town with no Swat team so the one that dealt with Colombine was called in. The guy originally had 9 hostages I think the news said and kept 2 girls letting seven go. He ended up shooting one before killing himself and the one he shot didn't make it. I felt so bad. Even the sheriff had been crying when he announced what had happened.

One of the things I couldn't believe that I heard on TV today with a mother and her 16 year old son was that she found a gun in his room and instead of taking it she told him to get rid of it. Now is she crazy or what?
default_unsure.png
:

What is this world coming too? You cant even turn the tv on now a days without hearing about a school shooting! A few days back on our local station the top 3 stories were all about school shootings. Here in Wisc. a 15 yr old went in and shot the principal, and the week before the police dept broke up a ring of 3 for attempting to do ---lord knows what. The parents said the kids were being bullied at school...so call the school and work the problem out! And now this, its crazy, I HATE the idea of my grandkids going to school, and we are suppose to be one of the safest states to live in??? Not anymore , no place is safe. Gosh, if a Amish school isnt safe what is?? I feel so bad for those parents. Corinne

Oh it's so awful.
default_sad.png

I am sick for them. My dad lives very close to there and we have travelled there a few times. It's such a beautiful and idyllic setting, seems a sharp contrast to what happened though I know that can happen anywhere, I just don't know.

A few months back, I turned in a kid that was showing off a gun outside the school after hours when I was picking up/meeting my son. He did nothing more than show it to a group of other kids and then stuff it in his pants and drove off w/some other kids, but I think it was totally wrong to have that so I called 911 and had the cops chase him down/told them the plate, etc. They ran them down and hopefully contacted the parents as I think the kids were from another school. It made me think of just how sick someone who had lost anyone in a similar tragedy would be at their silly antics w/the gun (even if THEY thought it was harmless). I don't know what I would do....

I wish for healing after this, as much as can happen.

Liz M.

This breaks my heart and makes me sick to my stomach. This kind of violence is not even a part of the Amish community's life. I can't even imagine the horror and terror those little girls were feeling when this happened. It's my understanding that two more of the girls have died. Lives that were supposed to be so basic and simple turned into tradgedy. Many prayers going out to the families that have lost so much.

I can't even imagine how scary that was for those kids and how sad their families are!

I live in Lancaster and the barn that I board Fever at is on and Amish farm (but magaged by someone else). I have become friends with the kids in the family and I was so scared when I heard about it that they were there. Luckily they weren't, although I haven't gotten a chance to ask whether they knew any of the girls.

Sadly there are now 5 children dead......with a 6th little girl being taken off life support, last I heard.

I am so greatly humbled by the Amish families in their faith and forgiveness. It is awesome and in some ways even harder to watch.

MA

There was one in Colorado last week just 25 miles from Colombine High School. It was a small town with no Swat team so the one that dealt with Colombine was called in. The guy originally had 9 hostages I think the news said and kept 2 girls letting seven go. He ended up shooting one before killing himself and the one he shot didn't make it. I felt so bad. Even the sheriff had been crying when he announced what had happened.

One of the things I couldn't believe that I heard on TV today with a mother and her 16 year old son was that she found a gun in his room and instead of taking it she told him to get rid of it. Now is she crazy or what?
default_unsure.png
:

I am here in Colorado and let me tell you, the schools are going crazy.

With Columbine and now this one, I can't even think of the town, this state is freaking out. For our school, today they began locking all the doors except the front for the whole day and we now have guards and more hallway patrol around the area. It's crazy.

Latest posts

Back