SCARRRRRY STORIES?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]PLEASE SHARE! GHOST STOIRES, ANYTHING THAT SCARED YOU, SOMETHING THAT REALLY HAPPENED, SCARY STORIES! BEING CLOSE TO HALOWEEN AND ALL I THINK IT WOULD BE A FUN THRED
aktion033.gif
[/SIZE]

I guess ill start:

A weekend in september hubby was gone over night and i was home alone. I had gone about my bussiness putting the horses in for the night and feeding them at 7PM brining me in the house just before it was total dark at 8:15PM. Being the dumb head i am i had to watch a some what spooky movie that was on the tube. A friend called around 9:15PM we chatted a while and realized we could both hear some one else talking in the phone to like the lines were crossed. That in its self was a bit odd because it hadnt happened before and hasnt since. Got off the phone with my friend and at 10:15PM when i was heading to bed i heard the phone ring. Got it, was just a hang up, right after I hung it up it rang again. No one speeking on the other line, i hung up and proceded a bit puzled to bed. Heard the dogs barking out side which usually means they really do see something because i hate barking dogs and they arent allowed to go on barking for no reason. All the _:15 times were giveing me a small dose of the creeps but I told my self the dogs saw a deer, some ones cell wasnt working was the reason for the hang ups, and lines can get crossed every now and then. Went directly to bed. Just fell asleep when I heard a very loud bang, then a crack, then a odd scream/screach/ ? noise - looked at the clock, you bet 11:15PM. (Noise almost seems like what a owl hitting my bed room window what have done: bang, crack, screech) Any how im a chicken and figured since I heard this noise comming from outside I wasnt about to move my butt out of my safe bed, sweating bullets i forced myself back into sleep and that was that.

Not much of a story i know but sure scared the sh*t out of me for a night and i have no explination for the noise, the hang ups, or the times it all happened.

l'm glad you were sleeping at 12:15. Weird.

I swear on everything that this is 100% true.

It was sometime in the fall in Connecticut. I remember that it was cold and had been raining because I wore a new winter jacket that I just had to have and I had gotten it ripped that night and I was scared that my mother was going to be very mad about that.

I was about 15 and I was with some of my girlfriends. A couple of boys from school offered us a ride to go riding around. They asked us if we wanted to go see the "Melonheads" and we all agreed, thinking that it was some new hot rock and roll group. I lived in a huge city and it took us about 45 minutes to get out of the city and head for the country but by this time, the boys told us that the Melonheads were some kind of monsters and asked us if we liked getting scared. Of course we did so we proceeded through some towns until we got to one that I think was called Easton and we went to an area called Forest Lakes. From there, the boys told us to lock our doors and close the windows and be quiet. They had been there before but had never actually gone down the road that had something horrible in store for us.

We made a turn went down a road that they referred to as Dracula Drive. It was a long and winding dirt road in the forest and very narrow. It was more like a trail in the woods than any backroad. I remember that part especially because there were branches of trees and woods brushing along the sides of the car. The road was also filled with pot holes, that were muddy from the drizzle and rain, and some very big ditches that looked like they were dug on purpose to keep other cars out. When we saw that first large ditch there we all decided that we just had better forget it and leave. It was all so erie and we all were beginning to get scared and the boys agreed that we needed to find a place to turn around and go back.

There was no turn around area so we had to keep driving. We were going less than 5 MPH and we began to get very nervous since it appeared that we were stuck on that road until we could find a space wide enough to turn around. Finally we saw some lights ahead and so Joey, the driver, turned his headlights off. We pulled up into a clearing and couldn't believe what was before us: It was a series of some kind of little wooden shacks. I'm guessing about 8 to 12 of them lined up in a row. Very primative. Each shack had a candle in the window and it looked like there was a bonfire struggling to stay burning since it was still drizzeling. We really got scared and began to turn around there when all of a sudden there was so much screaming coming from the shacks and these "people" came out rushing the car to attack us, but they were not your average people. We don't know what they were, but they did look like some kind of hideous monsters to us. They had normal feet and legs but their heads were huge like pumpkin sized and all distorted and their clothes were very strange, like from another centuary. We immediately began to scream at Joey to get us out of here now and believe me he was trying his best to get us turned around in that clearing. We saw that they had lit torches from the candles in the windows and some from the bonfire and some picked up rocks that were in a pile in the clearing and began to stone the car. Some had sticks, like bats and they were hitting the car yelling, but we couldn't understand the language of things that they were yelling. It was a language that we never had heard, almost like something that they had made up on their own. They busted windows and tail lights and 2 or 3 of them actually got on top of the roof and the back of the trunk trying to get inside the car. Two of the girls were on the floor in the back seat and me and another girl, Cherie, we were leaning over on top of them. Cherie's face was cut from the glass and that's how I got my jacket ripped. Both boys had their faces all cut up and bruised up and the car was a wreck. The whole time we were all still screaming and the car was turned around and we were going out of there as fast as we possibly could so shaken up, just carrying on : what was that? who are they??? We were in shock.

As fast as we made it to the main road we were pulled over by the state police for broken tail lights. Then being the "hippie" types that we were, we all got searched for drugs and to see if anyone was drunk which of course we were not guilty of anything like that. But seeing as how we were all so far from home, and from the looks of us and the condition of the car, we were all hauled into the Hwy Patrol station and we had to call our parents to come pick us up for acting in a "suspicious manner".......It wasn't easy calling my dad, but he in turn called my Uncle at his home, who was conveniently a state trooper in that station who came to see what the heck had happened. Nobody wanted to begin to explain the ordeal, but we think that the state troopers were well aware of where we were. Afterwards I had confided in my older brother about that night. Seemed he had known for a couple of years about the Melonheads and pretty much wanted to ring my neck for going out there. He admitted that he had been there a couple of times with his friends too and the same thing happened to them.

I've told this story to my boys now every Halloween for years. They of course never believed a word of it. That is until two years ago when Cherie and Joey and I had an online reunion through Classmates.com and were able to speak on the phone after that. We finally brought ourselves to talk about that night back on Dracula Drive, each thinking the other had an explaination for it now that we were adults, but between all of us, we still to this day don't know what kind of "monsters" were actually there that attacked us on that night, but none of us will ever forget it.

I kept that jacket all these years by the way. I really am not sure why. It was hanging in Dan's closet last time I checked or in storage, and I can still easily see where it has been ripped and repaired inside.

I found this link a few years ago:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...php/t34817.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, lovely Marty. Here I am reading your story in my room by myself with the lights out getting ready to go to sleep. Ha! My husband's out of town so I don't think I will be sleeping anytime soon
new_shocked.gif
Maybe I need to go upstairs and sleep with the kids. It is awfully quiet in here.
unsure.gif

Well Deb, the jokes on me cause as I was writting this, well.....I'm in the back room all alone by the back door where my little office "hole" is located. Everyone is sleeping and it's pitch dark in the house except for my computer moniter. It's very windy outside, cold, raining, and the galvanized gate outside is banging back and forth and there's a knocking noise coming from the old barn that is empty.......I hope. A perfect night for a haunting. I'm going to bed and hide under the covers now with Tracey. Yep, I've scared myself.

I have one...no one believes us, but I'd swear on ANYTHING this is true:

My husband and I were on a run taking horses from South Dakota to Seattle. We were driving along almost to Gillette, WY, and it was around 9:00 p.m. If you've ever drove across 90 in Wyoming, you'd know it's deer city, you really have to pay attention. Well, a semi was coming in the opposite direction, and its kind of difficult to see what's in front of you when you have a big truck blinding it's brights in your face. As soon as this truck passed us...we saw it. There was a man standing in the middle of the road. We plowed right through him. I screamed, hubby screamed, hit the brakes...we had an 8 horse trailer on..it's nearly going sideways down the road, loaded with horses. We finally got stopped and got out and I started running behind the trailer, looking for the person's body, and there was nothing. We looked at the grill guard, and there was nothing, no blood, not a scratch. We got back in the pickup and must have backed up for 5 miles, and there was nothing.

We had just ran this man smooth over, we both saw the same thing. A man with a mustache with an old brown big brimmed hat, brown pants, and a brown jacket, brown boots. He was standing facing the pickup, one hand behind his back. He wasn't necessairliy a "western cowboy" looking man, but you can tell his clothes were not from a store. There is no way we both imagined this. It sounds crazy, and no one believes us. This was probably 2 years ago, and we can both remember it like it just happened.

tuffsmom said:
I have one...no one believes us
I believe you.
yes.gif
You drove through a ghost! There is more than one highway that has repeated incidents of people hitting people that they could never find. I'll do some looking and see what I can find. It's been a long while since I was reading up on it. There is one case that it is a deer that people keep hitting in the same location, but there is never any body.

CAM said:
You guys are giving me the chills. Keep the stories coming. I am definitely a glutton for punishment and LOVE scary movies and stories of all kinds. 
yes.gif

489902[/snapback]

:newBOO_shocked:
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
BOO! sorry but i dont have any ghost stories ,i wish i had, but then again reading all yours im glad i dont ,good night sleep tight and dont let the ghost storys fright! x
wink.gif

CAM said:
You guys are giving me the chills. Keep the stories coming. I am definitely a glutton for punishment and LOVE scary movies and stories of all kinds. 
yes.gif

489902[/snapback]

:newBOO_shocked:
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
BOO! sorry but i dont have any ghost stories ,i wish i had, but then again reading all yours im glad i dont ,good night sleep tight and dont let the ghost storys fright! x
wink.gif

LOVE the story Marty.
aktion033.gif
I want to go see the melonheads! I would probably end up regreting it, though.
rolleyes.gif
Where did you live at the time when you saw them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty, Your story tugs on my memory.....I've heard of a group of people who have lived in the Appalachan Mountains for generations and never venture out to the modern world. They don't have electricity or any modern conveniences and their language has developed into something different than American English. I wonder if these are your "melon heads"....????

MA

Well, it isn't really a halloween or ghost story, and some might not think it's scary, but it sure had me shaking that night (and for a long time after may the truth be known). The summer I was 17 we had two horses get really sick, so I had to go to the barn and check them every two hours day and night. I've never been a big fan of the dark anyway, but after a week I was starting to get used to trudging through the pitch black to the barn to check up on the horses and see if they neede anything before heading back to the house. There were always lots of coyotes singing, but I've never seen them get too close to the house before so I wasn't that worried. Our property is set up with the house and the barn close to the middle of 20 acres with pastures all around so most animals don't come clear into the house and yard. However, one night I step out of the house, hit the lawn and head for the barn about 100 yards away. I couldn't have been over 15 feet from the house and I see these two sets of eyes looking at me from the edge of the lawn (maybe another 10 feet). Since it is 2 o'clock in the morning it takes a second to dawn on me our dogs sleep in the house!!!!!. Now I'm scared, I'm the only one home, and they don't really seem scared of me. I get back in the house without any problem, load the double barrel shotgun and grab a flashlight and go back out. They aren't there anymore so I go take care of the horses and head back for the house. The coyotes were standing in our driveway between me and the house so I take a shot at them with the shotgun (it's a good thing we were the only ones living out there at the time, I could have had everyone scared to death and the cops out). They run off, but are back every night. I always carried the shotgun with me and didn't have to shoot anymore, but they sure tailed me everywhere, I was scared to go anywhere without the gun (even though they didn't seem that scared of it). I was scared to shoot most of the time because we had animals pastured on all sides of the house and I didn't want to hurt any of them. Dad came home 5 days later and I told him everything. He came out with me every night after that trying to get a shot at them so they didn't eat our barn kitties, or calves or anything. However they never showed up again. I don't know what was going on, but I can promise you I felt like they knew I was alone and they were just stalking me, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. I didn't dare take any of our dogs out with me because two coyotes could just eat our little stock dogs. I'm still a little wary of the night, but finally getting better.

Latest posts

Back