saying hello

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is a lucky boy to have such a great new mommy. A word of caution tho -- be careful about the salt block - often those made for cattle have ingredients that are not safe for horses - so check that out before letting him snack on that.

Good luck and keep us posted

Stacy

Welcome to the forum and well done for taking the poor mite on.

Annette

For treats he loved hard gronoloa bars and dried apples. Turned his nose up at a peanut butter cracker.

I do a lot of clicker training with the 5 minis and 2 full sized horses at my place. I really do advocate using what ever pelleted feed you already have as their training ration. Just measure out their pelleted feed and use it to train. What ever is leftover is just added to the evening feed. You just don't need to train with high calorie foods (even if this cutie is underweight now, you don't need to train with sweets).

I always have a few "extra special" treats that I use as a bonus, but only as a bonus. It keeps the training interesting for them.

Best of luck...congrats on rescuing such a cutie. You'll find this group is wonderfully kind and amazingly helpful.

Latest posts

Back