Saleboard Ads - come on people - CONDENSE!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me (it probably is
default_rolleyes.gif
) - but please please PLEASE CONDENSE your ads on the saleboard. There's one on right now that has to be 7 screens long! It has over 70 photos. If you have that many horses for sale PUT THEM ON YOUR WEB PAGE. When I see those type I don't even bother looking - I simply scroll on past.

You may have exactly what I am looking for, but to me that's sensory overload and I just pass you by.

Is it just me?
default_no.gif
:No-Sad

Yeah, I have dial-up, so I can seriously understand. When I see those big long ads...I just scroll on down. It does get boring...and would be best to just say..."I have a bunch of whatever for sale...please check out our site", and get it over with. As for a lot of pictures in an ad, it hurts the ones on the same page, as they take too long for dial-up to download, so I hit the "X", stop it, and go directly to the next page...so I don't even see what else might have been on the page with all the photos. So not fair to the others trying to sell something on that page...but that is the long-winded seller's fault, not mine.

I totally agree... a short description of the horses is fine too but you dont need a super long life story of the horse is someone is interested give it to them then.

Considering the seller you are referring to is a forum member here....i don't believe this is the place to take this up
default_no.gif

Considering the seller you are referring to is a forum member here....i don't believe this is the place to take this up
default_no.gif

Actually I think it's the perfect place. While I don't know that this person is a forum member, I certainly am not trying to pick on anybody. I believe they are trying hard to sell horses, and I have looked at their website before and they have great horses, but this ad, IMO, is not being an effective marketing tool if people are ignoring their ad that they've spent a lot of time and effort on.

Folks with slow computers, like mine, may not take the time to look at each photo, but if I see a short blip that has a concise description of the horses available, I might skip over to their web page and browse.

[SIZE=12pt]I also have slow dial up and skip through those long ads.... and there are alos ones that I can only see part of the ad because they run off the screen for some reason... probably my settings but im not going to mess with them and make it worse...[/SIZE]

April

[SIZE=12pt]I also have slow dial up and skip through those long ads.... and there are alos ones that I can only see part of the ad because they run off the screen for some reason... probably my settings but im not going to mess with them and make it worse...[/SIZE]

April

Latest posts

Back