Sale of the Century prices..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan and I ended up with B & L's Rock E The Navigator by complete accident. I don't know what I am going to do with a Shetland Stallion. Especially one that is 42".

I was watching him being presented and he was just gorgeous!!!
default_wub.png
:wub I couldn't believe his bidding price wasn't going a lot higher. I turned around real quick and asked Jan if she wanted to go in halves and she said sure. So, long story short, that is how we ended up with Navigator. He has a very impressive show record. Reserve Grand Champion Stallion, Hall of Fame Stallion AND Pony of the Year!!!!! Somebody spent a ton of money showing this boy. So I have to agree that Jan and I got the best deal of the sale. We are really excited to have Navigator.
default_wub.png

There were some nice mares at the sale that I wouldn't have minded having. Especially one - I really tried to get her, but I got out bid by Tim Pearson. I'm sure I gave him a run for his money anyway. LOL Congratulations Tim on winning that beautiful mare. By the way she is supposed to bred to Navigator. I would really like to see that baby!!!

Jan had to take Navigator home with her. I only have minis and I'm sure he would most probably have been able to jump right out of my stalls. LOL
default_laugh.png

Now, I am going to have to try and find a few really outstanding girls to breed Navigator to.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Karin,

He is a beautiful stallion and I am sure you will enjoy him. I need another stallion like a hole in the head, but that was us bidding on him. You got a real deal and I am sure you will be glad you have him in the near future. As far as mares are concerned, there are a lot of good ones out there for sale right now.
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Welcome to the world of the shetland, we dove in 3 years ago and have really enjoyed them in addition to our mini's.
default_wub.png

I enjoyed the Congress show (our first) this last year the most I have enjoyed any show in the last 10 years. Hope you can make it to Ardmore nd we can put a face with the name there.
default_saludando.gif

Karin, we got a mare at the sale that is in foal to Navigator for some time this summer. We are really looking forward to it's arrival!

Now, I am going to have to try and find a few really outstanding girls to breed Navigator to.
That should not be too hard of a problem, every time I turn around I find a horse I want!
default_yes.gif

Lot #63 Wa-full Bennie's Dolly and she is bred to Navigator. I had bid on several before finally able to get her, everyone kept outbidding me.
default_no.gif
Champagne taste and a beer pocket book right now
default_biggrin.png
At least I know I have good taste in horses. I bought Dolly to breed with our stallion who has Royal breeding, she is out of a Red Rock mare and I have seen and heard that is a good cross to do. I'm excited about it.

NOTHING like he looked in the catalogue. He is sweet, remarkably easy to handle for a 5 year old bachalor stallion, correct, and OMG can he move! He is a little smaller than I was looking for, but at 41" he fits in all my B miniature stuff. Right now he is in quarantine at Janes place with her 2. He has a cough--sadly, there were a lot of underweight, very sick horses at the sale. I can't wait to get him home!
He IS a doll! All three of our purchases were sick, but they seem to be feeling much better. Plus, we are giving them some Senior feed and bought some alfalfa and they are now cleaning up their dinners. We can't wait to show them! And the AMHA/AMHR filly we got is GORGEOUS! ( not to say the other two are ugly, though!!
default_laugh.png
)

Lucy

Yes we have coughs in 3 of the 5 we bought also, but it seems to be getting better with antibiotics, warm blankets and lots of good feed. .
default_yes.gif

One of the black & White mares that was supposed to be bred came in to day. LOL No biggie we will just breed her to Majic.
default_wacko.png

John, which other one did you purchase, I know you got 35, 69, 70, and 86 but can't find the other one. Let me know if you decide Black on Ice isn't your cup of tea--don't know if he would stay small enought to be "R" at three though. Wish I had not let Lot 8 get away from me but then I would not have gotten the two boys I did.

Just too many nice horses there for the pocket book.

Lee came home with that nasty cough and now everyone in my barn (Illusion & now Steel) have the cough as well. Glad there are only 3 in the barn so now I have to start the other two on SMZ now.

Our mare just had a small hacky cough, and we started her on SMZ's. Hopefully she will get over it quickly before anyone else picks it up. We have her and several other horses in another barn on the same property but they can not touch noses with the rest of our herd. Hopefully that will be enough.
default_pray.gif
Vet said probably not, it can be carried by the wind.

Terri I was hoping the same thing as Illusion was on the first aisle of the sale barn and Lee was on the last row and it seemed like all the sick (cough) ones were on the far end and Lee did not have any one coughing around him but he still came home with it.

The kid that feeds for me in the morning called after feeding this morning and said everyone had the cough. Hopefully the mare I bought who stayed out at Jan's and is 280 days in foal does not come down with it but she rode home right next to Jan's mare that is really sick. She is outside in the round pen with no other horses near her.

Vet told me the same thing--transmitted through the air. Will start everyone on SMZ tonight (glad I have a big bottle on hand) -- vet said is is viral and not bacterial. Have Lee and Illusion all bundled up with blankets as it has turned off cold here again and they are forcasting rain/snow mix for Friday/Saturday -- just what I wanted for the first days of spring.

Just an fyi. I would be careful giving smzs. If this is equine flu (which it sure sounds like) smz's will not help and could make it worse as it will knock it down and then come back with a vengeance. We had an outbreak of flu last year in Ohio and I have never seen anything spread so fast. Flu is airborne and horses can come down sick after exposure as quick as 12 hrs. The only thing you can do is give supportive meds for fever and let it take its course. My vet said you can usually tell its flu from the hacking cough. Its a cough that once you hear it you dont forget it

Hopefully they will all get some rest and recover quickly.

Congrats to all the bidders

Kay

Davie,

we ended up with 19, 35, 69, 70 and 86. The one you missed was a Waulk Away black & White mare Kay B. has ben giving me a bad time about. They all seem to be doing much better now with a few days of meds and I think it is on the downhill side of things.
default_aktion033.gif

The Ice colt as we call him is a real sweet heart, scared to death and 150 light. But he wants to be sweet, I will keep you posted on him.
default_wacko.png

I had her down as a phone bidder. Is she the one that re-cycled? You can always bring her back to Illusion if you want. What meds are you using for support. Don't want this stuff back--it is a real hacky cough, no fevers, eating well just coughing their heads off.

Yes because I thought my brother John was bidding on the Wauk A Way mare for ME. Turns out he wanted her for himself. So selfish LOL

Just an fyi they are called "wauk a way" because that is the name of the creek or river by their farm. Cool name I think
default_smile.png

Terri I was hoping the same thing as Illusion was on the first aisle of the sale barn and Lee was on the last row and it seemed like all the sick (cough) ones were on the far end and Lee did not have any one coughing around him but he still came home with it.
The kid that feeds for me in the morning called after feeding this morning and said everyone had the cough. Hopefully the mare I bought who stayed out at Jan's and is 280 days in foal does not come down with it but she rode home right next to Jan's mare that is really sick. She is outside in the round pen with no other horses near her.

Vet told me the same thing--transmitted through the air. Will start everyone on SMZ tonight (glad I have a big bottle on hand) -- vet said is is viral and not bacterial. Have Lee and Illusion all bundled up with blankets as it has turned off cold here again and they are forcasting rain/snow mix for Friday/Saturday -- just what I wanted for the first days of spring.
My pony filly, who is in the same barn but not close to our sickies is coughing now. *sigh* Hopefully she'll be the only one who gets it and not the other fillies and mares who are in a different barn that is about 100 feet or so from the sickie barn. She's been moved in with them and started on SMZs...

Lucy

The vet suggested we give two shots of pen g and then do the SMZ's as follow up.
default_wink.png

No ryme or reason to which ones had it, as the two black and white mares and Ms Wiser were all fine. But the colt and the filly are down with it. But as I said they appear to be getting better with lots of feed and hay, warm blankets and the meds.
default_wub.png

Kay I was bidding on her for you, but then that evil twin of mine "Skippy" took over and the rest is history. I can't control him and he does terrible things all the time!!!
default_wacko.png

Well Dolly seems to be not hacking as much, so the meds must be working.

Latest posts

Back