Safe Guard Wormer ~ Has it been removed from the market?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neva

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem trying to find SafeGuard? Two of our main "horse stores" no longer carry it, and cannot order it in. Nor can they find out why.

Just wondering if anyone knows if it has been taken off the market, or if this is just a Alberta problem. I called the vet's also, and they did not know. What is best to use instead?

Thanks

Neva

Thats because I bought it all last month :bgrin

-- No I didnt have any trouble finding it, we order it from a catalog so its cheaper but its been in our tack/feed stores.

Just go for Fenbendazole cattle wormer, or even sheep wormer (so long as it is 10%) it is the generic and exactly the same.

I found that some of my feedstores no longer carry it, and I did have to do some searching - last time I checked, kvvet.com still carried it. I also noticed they no longer make the cinnamon-apple flavored variety.

Liz R.

Just go for Fenbendazole cattle wormer, or even sheep wormer (so long as it is 10%) it is the generic and exactly the same.

I just got a Valley Vet Catalog and Horse Health USA catalog. Safeguard is still listed, plus they now have it available as equibits or granules to top dress feed. They also have Panacur which has the same active ingredient Fenbendazole.

[SIZE=12pt]I just checked Jeffers and they still have it. It's a very popular wormer I would be very surprized if they ever took it off the market. [/SIZE]

I'm still wondering if the Rotectin P wormer is off the market, its been of Jeffers for a couple of months now :new_shocked:

Nope I've got a box right here in front of me by intervet.

Don't know why I bought it.

Never use the stuff. :new_shocked:

I hope not~!~

My horses LUV that stuff!!!!
default_wub.png
:

Latest posts

Back